SimpleTwitter

Started by Suki, April 20, 2011, 01:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobn

Also using RC 5 if that helps,, I am excited to get this working :)

Suki

do you have all your tokens and keys set properly?

also checked the "Enable the SimpleTwitter mod"   check box at the top of the settings?

is your forum  open to guest ?

any errors on your error log?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Bobn

do you have all your tokens and keys set properly? <<Yes but I will again

also checked the "Enable the SimpleTwitter mod"   check box at the top of the settings? <<Yes

is your forum  open to guest ? <No

any errors on your error log? <Looking now ;)

Bobn

Bobn

Also All codes are correct

The Forum is in a sub directory, should that matter?  /members/forum

Suki

Whats your twitter url?

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Bobn

http://twitter.com/#!/TriadHighlander

I can give you access to my forum if you need it

Suki

well, the mod is very basic and very fragile too, one setting wrong or empty and the mod will automatically stop to prevent errors,    check all your tokens and keys again, make sure they are correct and also make sure this folder  "twitteroauth"  exist on your Sources folder.

thats about all the help I can give you, other than that it will require me to have access to your twitter account to get the tokens and keys and your forum to check if the tokens and keys are set properly.

Bobn

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on May 30, 2011, 08:39:17 PM
well, the mod is very basic and very fragile too, one setting wrong or empty and the mod will automatically stop to prevent errors,    check all your tokens and keys again, make sure they are correct and also make sure this folder  "twitteroauth"  exist on your Sources folder.

thats about all the help I can give you, other than that it will require me to have access to your twitter account to get the tokens and keys and your forum to check if the tokens and keys are set properly.

That folder is there woth OAuth.php and twitteroauth.php. Do I need to look in these or give that folder special permissions?  I dont have a problem giving you access to the twit account

Bobn

Would you care to try it?

Suki

sure, send me a pm with your details and I can give it a shoot.

Bobn

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on May 31, 2011, 02:09:11 PM
sure, send me a pm with your details and I can give it a shoot.

sent,, Thanks!!

Bob Mueller

Why would this be incompatible with 2.0 Gold? Upgraded my forum today and wanted to switch Twitter plugins, so I tried this. Got this message: "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. " Install didn't even get to the Testing stage.
--
Bob M.

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

Suki

Bob Mueller   thats because I haven't actually update it.    I do plan to update all my mods to 2.0, however,  I don't have to much free time :(   

Bob Mueller

Oh, I know that feeling all too well, I'm afraid. I was under the impression though that there wasn't much difference between RC5 and Gold, and I'd rather not go fudging the software version.

It looks like what I want, so I'm looking forward to you getting some time to work on it. Thanks for developing it in the first place! :)
--
Bob M.

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

Suki

Bob Mueller

Thanks for the update!
--
Bob M.

C4G-TK

I'm understanding this mod.  Very cool to have one working for 2.0.  I'm not sure I want to post topics on my Twitter account that I'm not making myself though.  Is there a way to set permissions to only post those topics which certain users like just Admins create in a board and not everyone who posts a new topic?  (I'm sorry if I missed that it could.)

-img removed-

Suki

I guess I could add a permission on who can publish a topic. (by member group)

C4G-TK

By membergroup permission would be great!

My thought is that since the twitter account reflects my site, I'm just hesitant on something hitting the universe before I have a chance to see it or approve.  I don't need some spammer or some disgruntled member spamming my forum and additionally have it go out on my twitter as well because they chose the correct board to post something.  By the time I would remedy the situation on the site, I'd have to go back and edit my Twitter posts, but the damage would be done.

I like the mod though and what it could do for me as an Admin though.  Will definitely use it if you decide to do that.

-img removed-

Advertisement: