Admin only for Paid subscriptions

Started by mikeymx5, June 16, 2010, 11:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeymx5

Using the forum for a club and paid subscriptions for membership dues.

Would like to assign a membership person to be able to manually manage and update these subscriptions. Some members pay in cash for instance and we have to add them in manually.

The problem is in order for me to give the membership parson permission to do this I have to give full admin rights which Im not about to do. The admin section should have permissions for each function.

Norv

Hey there!
You could make the person moderator for the membergroup(s) related to the subscription, that would allow him/her to add/remove people from those groups (and only those groups), without giving them other access. Is the solution acceptable?
I think you can assign the group moderator(s) in Admin > Membergroups > your subscription group > Modify page.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

mikeymx5

That doesnt seem to work... the only way that a group can edit paid subscriptions is to give them admin permissions.. Sucks :(

Norv

Yes, they could give the membergroup (add people to the group) only, but without editing the paid subscription...
I think you could, if you wish, request a little mod here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=79.0

I would keep this request in mind nonetheless.
Thank you for taking the time to share it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: