Discussion on featured mods by team (Was: MotMonth - April 2011)

Started by IncognitoMuse, May 06, 2011, 08:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quoteand  if the user has a badge or not,  is never taken in consideration when the team choses the mod and theme of the month.

Funny, it always used to be. The program was introduced just as I was joining the team (Aug 2009) and at that point, team members weren't eligible at all.

Suki

I can only talk  from my join (March)  to this date,   I do not know how things were handled in the past,  I do now how things are handle  now...
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, AFAIK it has been one of the criteria that it should be non-team, but you were non-team when you did that mod so that's basically covered there... And I don't think it's a strict rule anyhow...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SlammedDime

Quote from: Once Upon A Star on May 06, 2011, 08:40:52 AM
Quoteand  if the user has a badge or not,  is never taken in consideration when the team choses the mod and theme of the month.

Funny, it always used to be. The program was introduced just as I was joining the team (Aug 2009) and at that point, team members weren't eligible at all.
Team submissions have been allowed for quite some time (Sinan had one or two chosen last year)...  When you have to chose between some avatar packs and some bbcode mods from the community, or something more extravagant that actually adds something of value to the board from a team member, I sure has hell wouldn't want to feature the bbcode...
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Arantor

Yes, I know that sort of thing, we did it back in November or December 09, because of a shortage of approved mods from the community, when we showcased three from the team. But generally it was heavily discouraged.

Suki

Geez...  pick  some other mod from a regular user and lets get this over with...

This will certainly remind me to kindly refuse any other mod I create to be considered for this again...

edit:   width  !=  with  LOL
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

MAS, you are certainly not at fault there - and you are not the first teamie to have a mod featured, so relax ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Eh? Don't be too hard on yourself: you did a good job here, and it's only right that it should be recognised.

Suki

Like I said,  pick other mod  === everyone happy.

I certainly do not like the idea  that my mod was chosen just because I wear a badge...   best way to avoid that its just never let that happen again :)

Matthew K.

It wasn't chosen because of a badge, to be completely honest, the discussion on MOTM and TOTM do not list author names next to the mod or theme. You're fine MAS.

Masterd

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on May 06, 2011, 11:42:20 AM

Wait a minute. If this mod is so special and unique that it deserves this title, then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be mod of the month.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Masterd on May 06, 2011, 11:45:23 AM

Wait a minute. If this mod is so special and unique that it deserves this title, then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be mod of the month.

Right - I don't think it makes any difference if it was done by a team member, or a newbie member...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

SlammedDime

I certainly do not like the idea  that my mod was chosen just because I wear a badge...   best way to avoid that its just never let that happen again :)
I don't think anyone is not happy... we're simply having a discussion...
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Suki

A discussion where I prefer not to be involve...  and where I do not want to "defend"  my mod  from  hints, insinuations or the likes that imply that I got this because of a badge...    thus, pick another mod, let me out of this and continue the discussion.  :)

Spoogs

Nope, you're stuck with it... don't make nice mods to avoid it in the future :P

Felix J

What's wrong with having the mod of the month huh?  ??? Isn't that good a thing?

I haven't tried this mod but if it's worth to be the "mod of the month" then why not?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Spoogs on May 06, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Yep - Too late now. And seriously I doubt anyone thought for a second that your badge had anything to do with it. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

SlammedDime

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on May 06, 2011, 01:14:57 PM
Quote from: Spoogs on May 06, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Yep - Too late now. And seriously I doubt anyone thought for a second that your badge had anything to do with it. :)
+1
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Suki

You misunderstand me...   if there is an urge to discuss  if team member's mods are allowed to be considered for MOTM ,  thats fine by me...as its something I have no interest on,    just do not use me or my mod as an excuse to start such discussion... 

This was suppose to be a simple topic full of "congrats"  and all that...   but  as always, people find the way to twist it...

Matthew K.

As MAS already said, this topic should really go back to it's original intent which should be to congratulate Miss All Sunday on her contribution, and thank her for donating her time to write such mods.

Advertisement: