News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrade to SMF not possible - White page

Started by Arni, July 11, 2011, 10:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arni

Hello,

i have a forum running with SMF 1.1.14 and want to install the upgrade to 2.0.
After the upload of the large upgrade package i tried to start upgrade.php, but i get only a white page than.
Tried it with a new download / upload of the package, but same error again.

Just for testing i started also a new full installation and this would be possible.
You have any idea what's incorrect?

Regards
Arnold

Illori

any errors in your servers error log? without some more information a white page does not tell us much as to what could be going on.

cicka

White pages usally are host related. Can you ask your host and see what they say?

Arni

I asked them but everything seems to be ok there.

I tried 2 possibilities now:

1. webinstall.php: I put in my account details, but there is only an error message:
- Sorry, the FTP path you entered wasn't the same place as this installer was uploaded to.
- Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details.

2. uploaded again the files of the large upgrade package via filezilla to my webspace in the root direction of the forum and now there is no white page anymore, but:

QuoteSimple Machines Forum
    1: Login
    2: Upgrade Options
    3: Backup
    4: Database Changes
    5: Delete Upgrade
0%

: 0 , 0 .
Upgrading from YaBB SE!
The upgrader was unable to find some crucial files.

Please make sure you uploaded all of the files included in the package, including the Themes, Sources, and other directories.

Click here to try again.
SMF ©2011, Simple Machines

And why YaBB SE? I have a SMF 1.1.14 here...
Is there a possibility to find out which files a missing?

As last action i tried to open .../Sources/RepairBoards.php: Almost empty page with "Hacking attempt..."

What do you suggest to do next?

Regards, Arnold

Illori

all the files are not meant to be callled by your browser, so the error message is normal. upload all the files for the upgrade again and make sure they all get on your server.

Arni

What do you mean exactly?
I tried it again with a new download and upload and same thing again.

Arni

I have it now, although i don't know the reason.
I took an old backup of 1.1.13 and uploaded than again the new package. After this the upgrade.php was running correctly.

Thanks, Arnold

Advertisement: