News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Administration page is blank.

Started by bluzeman, May 09, 2011, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

have you tried uploading a fresh set of files in place of what is there?

bluzeman

Not yet, but I think I'll try that now.  I'll download a new copy of the tar.gz file and try installing in a different directory and see what happens.

bluzeman

I ended up getting called out on a service call, and now I have an appointment to go to.  I'll try that as soon as I get back Illori.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it goes!

bluzeman

Well, just wanted to post a follow up.  I tried installing to a new directory and have the same exact issue.

Looking at the error I posted from the httpd-errors log, I think that long ago when I upgraded some things on the box it didn't update all the extensions.  I'm still not sure why this would cause only the admin center to show a blank page, but I've decided to just put it on one of my other FreeBSD servers for now.  I'm running a few things on the one in question that I don't want to mess up so that the easiest answer I guess, for now.

Thanks all for the help.  If I get time in the future, I'm going to recompile php and all the extensions.  I'll post back here if that resolves the issue so we can have a definite "solved" status. :)

mashby

Curious as to the status of things on your end. Is this issue resolved for you? :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: