Hiding posts from recent posts

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, May 19, 2011, 10:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lttung

- Version of SMF you are using: 2.0.2
- Error came while inserting the id manually or while clicking the 'Hide topic' button within the topics?: I can insert manualy and click button, but topic not HIDE in recent
- What other mods do you have installed: Yes, i think conflict with Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03
- Do you have a recycle bin board? : Yes

I attachments Sub-recent.php

Joker™

Quote from: lttung on November 22, 2012, 12:52:46 PM

- Version of SMF you are using: 2.0.2
- Error came while inserting the id manually or while clicking the 'Hide topic' button within the topics?: I can insert manualy and click button, but topic not HIDE in recent
- What other mods do you have installed: Yes, i think conflict with Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03
- Do you have a recycle bin board? : Yes

I attachments Sub-recent.php
The file you have doesn't event contain any reference of 'recycle_board'. Can you post the complete error over here
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

lttung

When setup ver 1.2:

Can't find in Subs-recent.php:
         AND b.id_board != {int:recycle_board}' : '') . '
and
'recycle_board' => $modSettings['recycle_board'],

(But i can found in Recent.php)

after setup, i set board or topic hide, but not hide

lttung

Quote from: Joker™ on April 15, 2012, 09:55:39 AM
Quote from: lttung on April 13, 2012, 05:24:15 AM
Thanks and waiting...
Please use the attached package.

Note - This package is only for those users who want to use this mod with  Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03. Install "Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03" first and then "Hiding posts from recent posts"

I back this version, board hide, but topic not hide

Joker™

Try the attached mod.

Note - This package is only for those users who want to use this mod with Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03. Install "Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03" first and then "Hiding posts from recent posts"
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

lttung

Thanks, worked with my forum. But any body can hide any topic.
I only want Admin can hide topic in recent, how to ?

Joker™

Quote from: lttung on November 26, 2012, 02:00:55 AM
Thanks, worked with my forum. But any body can hide any topic.
I only want Admin can hide topic in recent, how to ?
I'll try to roll out a new version asap covering the issue.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

spiros

Just an idea for you, perhaps you could have an option, maybe with a tabbed view in Info Center (so as to save space), of assigning boards to different groups of recent posts/topics. For example, one group could be about serious issues the forum deals with, and the other about off-topic discussion, so that people can easily focus on the most important stuff.

I would say that this should be an admin option.

Joker™

Quote from: spiros on December 10, 2012, 03:50:38 PM
Just an idea for you, perhaps you could have an option, maybe with a tabbed view in Info Center (so as to save space), of assigning boards to different groups of recent posts/topics. For example, one group could be about serious issues the forum deals with, and the other about off-topic discussion, so that people can easily focus on the most important stuff.

I would say that this should be an admin option.
Umm I understood a partial bit of your idea, i.e tabbed view in info center. After that it went a bit above my head. Can you explain it in a bit more detailed manner :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

spiros

Just imagine there are two info centers. 1st one showing topics/posts from x categories/boards and 2nd one topics/posts from y categories/boards.

Now, instead of having two boxes one below each other, you could have 2 (or more) tabs, so when clicking one sees the posts of the different set of categories/boards.

Is this clear enough?

For a tabbed implementation, see for example:

http://www.dpgr.gr/forum/index.php (Info center on top)

Joker™

Quote from: spiros on December 11, 2012, 03:36:07 AM
Just imagine there are two info centers. 1st one showing topics/posts from x categories/boards and 2nd one topics/posts from y categories/boards.

Now, instead of having two boxes one below each other, you could have 2 (or more) tabs, so when clicking one sees the posts of the different set of categories/boards.

Is this clear enough?

For a tabbed implementation, see for example:

http://www.dpgr.gr/forum/index.php (Info center on top)
What if a user have 20 odd categories. Take SMF for example.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

spiros

Each group (tab) can/should be assignable to multiple categories. This is standard functionality in SSI for example.

Joker™

Quote from: spiros on December 11, 2012, 07:10:45 AM
Each group (tab) can/should be assignable to multiple categories. This is standard functionality in SSI for example.
Well, if thats the case, then one should worry about the query rate.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

spiros

Well, you will not have 10 groups. Anyway, that is the way it is done in the link I gave you.

Joker™

Quote from: spiros on December 12, 2012, 01:48:22 PM
Well, you will not have 10 groups. Anyway, that is the way it is done in the link I gave you.
Ok. I'll try to see what I can do. TBH, it seems more like a separate mod to me.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

spiros

Yes, it is an idea for a different mod.

lttung

I have so many error in error log

http://xxxxxxx.com/yyyyy&action=hidetopic;hide_topic

"can't read main interface"

May be because this mod ?

Joker™

Quote from: lttung on January 20, 2013, 02:16:36 PM

Please post the complete error from error log.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

lttung

Quote from: Joker™ on January 20, 2013, 10:50:48 PM
Quote from: lttung on January 20, 2013, 02:16:36 PM

Please post the complete error from error log.

pls see capture screen

Joker™

Please share the pretty URL settings you are using, i.e the settings you have made in admin about what sort of url should be re-written by pretty url.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: