News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Adding SimpleMachines to my current website

Started by DiioiaMD, February 20, 2012, 02:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiioiaMD

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in the past, but I'm new to the forum world and was hoping there was an easy way to make this happen. I have a current template I use for a website (see "current site.jpg). I would like to simply add a portion of the forum to my current template (see "future site.jpg").

I was hoping someone could let me know the best course of action for what I'm looking to do. Based on the attached picture, I'm trying put the 'red box' into the body of my page, and the 'yellow box' into the header or somewhere else.

Any suggestions? I'm slightly familiar with CSS, but far from a pro. Any help is much appreciated!

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DiioiaMD

To summarize...

<body>     !background is defined here
<table>     !content is here
   <tr>
      <td>
                I would input the forum code here
      </td>
   </tr>
</table

Deaks

no how is the header code done, is it a file on its own etc ... what your asking is really easy but you need to give more info
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DiioiaMD

The header is not in another file. It's all in the same html file. Worse case scenario, I can adjust the forum page as required.

<table>
  <tr>
    <td>logo and header html</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>This is where I want the forum code</td>
  </tr>
</table>

DiioiaMD

Advertisement: