News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Help getting the admin announcements (news) working

Started by draggy, May 31, 2011, 11:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draggy

Hello,
I have a forum that originally was a 1.x forum, and has been a 2.x version since 2.0 rc2. Ever since I upgraded the forum from 1.x to 2.x the smf news in the admin area has not worked once. Currently it is 2.0 RC4

I have tried many times to get the smf news to load in the admin area, and gave up believing it to be a problem with the board's host. Recently the board's host changed, and I started looking into this problem again.

I have discovered that the job that fetches the updates is working correctly. I can even load the js news files and see that it is correct. The problem is that the admin page won't display it.

I tracked the problem to admin.js:

function smf_AdminIndex(oOptions)
{
this.opt = oOptions;
this.init();
}
smf_AdminIndex.prototype.init = function ()
{
window.adminIndexInstanceRef = this;
var fHandlePageLoaded = function () {
window.adminIndexInstanceRef.loadAdminIndex();
}
addLoadEvent(fHandlePageLoaded);
}

window.adminIndexInstanceRef.loadAdminIndex(); never gets called, and I don't know why. The lines below and above it work fine.

smf_AdminIndex gets created in Themes/default/Admin.template.php and it seems to be created successfully. I don't know enough about where to dig next.

I even installed a test smf server using a clean db and clean 2.0 rc4 to compare against the forum that doesn't work, and I can't find any differences. When I load the admin center on the test forum, the news file loads up fine, and I can see in the code that it calls loadAdminIndex() without any issues.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to figure out why loadAdminIndex() isn't called on one of my forums?

btw, I do use the default Admin.template.php and not a custom one.

draggy

I just figured it out.

The yshout plugin must have something that conflicts with smf's javascript. Removing yshout includes from the index.template fixed everything.

Advertisement: