News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bit.ly bbc

Started by Suki, May 03, 2011, 09:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

bit.ly shorter urls
Author: Miss All Sunday

many thanks to Arantor  for helping me coding this mod.

For SMF 2.0 only

Bit.ly shorter url mod let you short your posting urls using the bit.ly API.

-Using the  [bit_ly] [/bit_ly] tags will automatically short the url inside those tags.
-Replacing all the urls posted with the  [url] [/url] tag ,  if enable it will short all your posting urls, be careful with using this option in large sites, can provoke a performance hit if the service provide by bit.ly suddenly fails.

Important

You need to have an account in bit.ly, once you got your account, click on: Get your API key   to get your bit.ly API Key this is needed by the mod.

Demo
-A working demo can be found here: http://missallsunday.com/demos/bit.ly_bbc_mod_demo_7.0.html

Settings

- Admin->Configuration->Modifications

Languages

English/utf8
Spanish_es/utf8
Spanish_latin/utf8

I welcome translations, please post it on the support topic

Changelog

-Updated to SMF 2.0
-Revamp of language strings.

1.0 - March 09, 2011,
-Initial Release

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

flapjack

good work!

if I can suggest something:
in Bit.php you have a function for shortening the link called function shorten($url)
this is the only one that doesn't follow your name convention (all other starts with bit_)
I think it would be a good idea to rename the function accordingly to bit_shorten to avoid problems in future

edit:
one more idea - add group permission :)

Rain Forest

Thank you so much!  :)

Suki

This mod is now updated to SMF 2.0

Changelog

-Updated to SMF 2.0
-Revamp of language strings.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

dudi_

How to disable shorting in signatures when "Use the hxxp:bit.ly [nonactive] option in the [url] tag." is on?

Suki

You can't basically.

The mod will work on every variable that uses parse_bbc();  such as the signature field.

Apllicmz

Nice mod
when Update dont forget portuguese files

Zuća

Mod is not compatible with pretty urls :(

Suki

Quote from: Zuca on February 04, 2012, 09:55:52 PM
Mod is not compatible with pretty urls :(

If you don't provide enough details I cannot help you...

billtidy

Hi,

I know it's been a while since the last post, but is there any chance this could be updated to 2.1.4 please?

I tried to update it myself and got it to install but the hooks would not function properly.

Thank you

Suki

As you can see from my late reply, I currently do not have that much time but I can give it a try, its a small mod so it shouldn't take that much time, does bit.ly still works?

Advertisement: