News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Community Contributions

Started by hadesflames, June 04, 2011, 10:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Most people have a breaking point. I think that has been reached for IchBin. I guess the constant second-guessing and attacks finally caused him to give up.

I hope you're happy you made your goal.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

IchBin™

Quote from: Once Upon A Star on June 10, 2011, 06:33:52 PM

It's really simple. If you take a badge, you are accepting a responsibility. In your case, that is a responsibility to the users of SMF mods, because by being approved by the team, there is the understanding that the mods are safe, reliable, tested, etc. If you accept that responsibility, you should be fulfilling it, if not, don't hold the badge. When I left the team, I couldn't fulfil that responsibility to the community any longer, so I quit, on my terms.

I have shown you two mods that do not fit these criteria, and the thing is, I shouldn't be able to find them. Mods with small bugs, yes, that happens. Hell, I let through mods that had bugs in, I let through mods that didn't fit the strict criteria. But ones with massive performance concerns and potential security issues, I shouldn't be able to find, simple as that: that's where the responsibility is failing, by letting through such things.

If you take the Customizer badge, you are committing to the responsibility that the mods people download from this site are safe, secure and not going to damage their site. I would say that commitment is questioned. And honestly, if you're in a position of responsibility, you should be held accountable to that responsibility by the people who put faith in you to meet that commitment.

Right, so anyone volunteering shouldn't have a life and should be totally infallible. There coding should be perfect, and they should have a perfect knowledge of security issues that could arise... Never going to happen. Especially in a volunteer organization. I'll do my best, and so will the others. We are here to learn and progress. If something gets by us, I'm ok with that as long as when it's discovered, we take the proper actions. Which is exactly what I've been doing. Just because we aren't doing the job that you can, or that you think we should, doesn't mean we aren't doing our job.

QuoteBut the matter and attitude you do it in, does not help anyone but you. Even then I question that.

I don't do it to help. I do it because I believe in something. I believe that a team with people parading round with badges, holding titles, and all the perceived wisdom and kudos that goes with it, whilst not fulfilling the responsibilities due to that rank, is not really a particularly great team.

I call complete and utter BS to this. You can coat it any way you like it, but a terd is still a terd no matter what you do with it.  Your actions far out way your intentions and your statement. All you do is cause drama. You don't report mods or call the team out publicly because you believe in something. You do it because your "feelbads" have been hurt and you're getting revenge. It's immature and childish.

Just think, things could have been different - I lost the vote for lead Customizer by one vote. Aren't you so glad now that that's the case? Because I'd really be taking people to task, even in a volunteer organisation, if you take responsibility you should be prepared to commit to actually doing it. And that's what's happening here - you took the responsibility of leading the team, and that means you must be prepared to accept when the competence and/or commitment of your team is questioned.

I hope now that SMF2.0 is out, that we don't see you around here anymore. I used to think that losing you was a big loss to the community. Now I see it as a blessing in disguise.

Instead of complaining about my attitude, why not do something about it? Instead of just whining that I killed your motivation, well, you can't have had particularly strong motivation in the first place. My comments here shouldn't have merely upset you, they should have enraged you, motivated you to actually take the situation by the scruff of the neck and do something about it. Leaders don't whine, they lead, they get on with it and start finding solutions.

lmao, boy if that isn't the tea pot calling the kettle black.... Should I go back to all of your situations and tell you the same thing? Should I tell you how you should have reacted differently to all the people that gave you grief about the paid/non-paid mod issues you had? Or how about when you left the team, or deleted your account how many times now? You should have taken the bull by the horns when you were upset right? You should have done something about it! Yet, here you are. Having done all those things in the same manner that I reacted initially. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds apparently.

One thing is clear to me now though. I may have over-reacted to your jab at the SMF team. But at least I won't be crying about it 12 months from now. I'll still be here doing the things that I like to do. Whether it be on or off the team you won't see me taking on the drama queen award like you have here. Good luck with Wedge.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

NanoSector

Quote from: ~DS~ on June 12, 2011, 02:09:58 PM
Quote from: live627 on June 10, 2011, 05:04:57 PM
I think we have two new enemies there.
I see three. O_o
I also sees three.

Kindred > Arantor < IchBin™

Both against Arantor :S
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I am with Ichbin here. :)

Arantor, with all respect, you have gone waaaayy overboard with all the criticism. I do respect the care for the project, but everyone has their own way of dealing with the responsibilities assigned to them. You need to slow down a little bit and make your work fun rather than take it as an assignment. It will reduce your stress and give other people chance to give in their 2 cents. ;)

Kindred

let's get something straight.

I am not and have never been AGAINST Arantor.
I may disagree with him.
I do disagree with many of his actions and statements.
We have a basic disconnect on our perception of a variety of situations...
but I am not against him and I have no personal animosity toward him.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

Quote from: Kindred on June 12, 2011, 03:20:31 PM
let's get something straight.

I am not and have never been AGAINST Arantor.
I may disagree with him.
I do disagree with many of his actions and statements.
We have a basic disconnect on our perception of a variety of situations...
but I am not against him and I have no personal animosity toward him.
I'm sorry...

Against = my (failing) statement for that.

Anyhow, continue the fight.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Alex' Manson

can i ask a very little off-topic question.. it may be a bump too.. but why does Arantor have a Guest account ? o.O

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

- Personal Reasons -

End of discussion.

live627

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 09, 2011, 06:33:30 AM
- Personal Reasons -

End of discussion.
Ahem... do YOU know the reason?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Yep! Wouldn't want to share it though. :)

live627

Hmm. More censorship, eh? How hard is it to simply say that he's done here? Not too hard. For the crowd, that is basically the reason.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Don't wanna start a whole new discussion. If the person wanted to inform the users, they might have done it themselves before requesting for deletion. :)

青山 素子

If a team member leaves for a reason, it is up to them to inform the public why they left. They have the option of not saying anything, either.

The only time when I would expect an official word would be if they were removed because they were a danger to the community.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

live627

You know we're talking about Arantor here, right?

tumbleweed

- Personal Reasons -

End of discussion.

Why do you have the "Power" to end such a discussion (I dont belive this is a tech support issue or heck even a issue at all)? Or are you just ending the discussion with yourself :)
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: tumbleweed on July 09, 2011, 06:17:35 PM
- Personal Reasons -

End of discussion.

Why do you have the "Power" to end such a discussion (I dont belive this is a tech support issue or heck even a issue at all)? Or are you just ending the discussion with yourself :)
I didn't mean it in the literal manner. :P But why is it that you guys want us to give out the reason? Logically, he requested for the deletion of account and we did it. Nothing more to it. :)

Thantos

Quote from: live627 on July 09, 2011, 06:08:18 PM
Exactly, this is like the 3rd or 4th time he has deleted his account :D

tumbleweed

Quote from: 青山 素子 on July 09, 2011, 05:59:23 PM
If a team member leaves for a reason, it is up to them to inform the public why they left. They have the option of not saying anything, either.

The only time when I would expect an official word would be if they were removed because they were a danger to the community.

I agree with that. If he wanted others (General Public) to know he would have told them. And I am 100% positive that he did tell those that may be close to him why he left.

G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

live627

Quote from: Thantos on July 09, 2011, 06:25:12 PM
Quote from: live627 on July 09, 2011, 06:08:18 PM
Exactly, this is like the 3rd or 4th time he has deleted his account :D
This time for good. Hey who's gonna replace him? I doubt anybody here's up to spending 16 endless hours here firing off 500 posts a day :D

And congrats on getting a badge again :)

Advertisement: