Is there any way that i can have a fresh smf install with all members & boards?

Started by rishab555555, June 10, 2011, 12:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rishab555555

My current installation is completely making my mind disturbed !

I want to do a fresh installation of SMF 2.0 RC5 while maintaining the same posts , members and boards !!

Please help me !!

IchBin™

So based on the fact that you want to keep everything in the database, all you have to do is upload a fresh set of SMF files from the large upgrade package. That will give you a fresh install of files and leave all the posts, members, and boards alone.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

twig/al

Would that make all the settings of permissions and other thing go back to default? Like a clean install, but just keep the posts and members?

NanoSector

Quote from: twig/al on June 10, 2011, 01:51:00 PM
Would that make all the settings of permissions and other thing go back to default? Like a clean install, but just keep the posts and members?
Nope. all settings & other stuff remain intact, only all mods are removed.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

At this time, a Large upgrade to 2.0 final would be the best course to take - if you haven't done this yet. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: