Disable Decrease Post Count Option by BurkeKnight Enterprises

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, March 18, 2008, 10:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbt

Quote from: Robbo_ on December 03, 2009, 11:24:55 PM
This mod works fine with SMF 2.0 RC2. However your package has a problem so you have to use the emulate option. To fix this simply change the for="2.0 - 2.0.99" to for="2.0 - 2.99.99" and it should work fine.

We have SMF 2.0 RC3 and did these instructions to get it to install, but it is not really installed because it is not in admin for the settings, and deleted posts reduce the number and the code
Find:
// Stats, compression, cookies.... server type stuff.

Is not on our ManageSettings.php.
Could it be another file please, because we have searched all files in the install package and this code is not in any of the files.

tsis_k

I'm getting this message when I tried to install on smf 2 rc4. What am I doing wrong?

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

tsis_k

I managed to get it installed but I got the same dilemma as sbt's.

I'm using SMF2 RC4 and cannot find the following files.
./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php
./Sources/ModSettings.php

Has these two files been renamed to something else?  Any advice is much appreciated. I need this mod to be working on my site. Users pride themselves on their post count achievement.

TJ2011

I'm running RC5, and I'm wondering if this mod will work with it, and if there is an option where I can designate a certain forum (Social/Off-Topic, for example) to not count towards members post counts, to discourage the use of word games and the like to increase post count totals?

smokester

I have the same issue as listed above (I'm using 2.0), and at a guess I'd say the server stuff that used to reside in "managesettings.php" would have been moved to "manageserver.php", meaning this mod cannot work without being re-scripted.

As the original author hasn't beenseen in over 2 years, is there anyone else here that could fix this little issue for later versions, as this mod was more useful to me than any other I use.

Many thanks

smokester

Is there definitely no one that can have a look at this problem, as it is way beyond me unfortunately?

timetraveller

I'm another who would like to use this mod but currently running 2.0.1.
Some of my board permissions are set by post count so my members need to preserve it :)

mlsred

Hi

I would also like to be able to use this mod with SMF 2.0.2

Any takers ;)

Cheers
M

TheListener

A topic in the Mod Request board may be the best step forward considering the age of the mod.

Burke ♞ Knight

This Mod Has Been Updated

BK Modding Disable Decrease Post Count Option
Version 3.0 for SMF Version 1.1.x & 2.0.x

This modification adds an option in the Features & Options section in Admin Panel for admins
to disable or enable the decrease of post count for both, topic and post removal.
This mod is just for the members' post count.
Does not affect forum totals.

Supported Languages:
English
English-utf8
Turkish
Portuguese

Support:
You may get support or submit questions and comments
in the modification's support topics at:
SMF Support Site
BK Modding.

July 15, 2013: Version 3.0 Changelog:
+ Version 3.0 made for SMF 2.0.4

November 11, 2008: Version 2.0 Changelog:
+ Version 2.0 made for SMF 2.0 Beta 4
+ Mod taken over by BK Modding from [SiNaN]

AllThatYouSense

This is a great mod that I have a real use for.

May I suggest that you add a feature to this mod that lets you choose which categories and/or boards this mod takes effect on?

This would be very, very awesome.

Props.

Burke ♞ Knight

I really do not see much call for that feature, and as my sig says, I'm pretty much out of the mod making business now. Life has dealt me a lot of issues lately, and I am doing my best to do what I always do, make it through them. ;)

However, I have decided that unless there are major updates that need to be done, to keep them working, my mods may just stay the way they are, until things get back to "normal"...

Burke ♞ Knight

If need support for this mod, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting this mod here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

Advertisement: