News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) mod

Started by Suki, June 20, 2011, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlitchPC

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on October 16, 2011, 07:16:05 PM
Quote from: GlitchPC on October 16, 2011, 05:52:15 AM
Miss All Sunday,

Any plans for adding new features to this mod?

I have no ideas for this mod, if you have some then post your ideas.

Don't get me wrong...this is an AWESOME mod!  I like the fact you added categories.  This was a major plus for this mod.

You're right...it does have plenty of features as it stands now.

Would it be possible to have a setting, in admin, which would allow you to move a category up/down on the list?  You already have the category list where we can add/remove categories...but we can only sort the faqs themselves and not the categories.  It's no big deal...but, would be a great feature...if you're so inclined to add it...and it's not too much trouble.

Suki

Well do you need a way for  changing the number ID for each category or do you just want a way to sort the categories like the option to sort the FAQs?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

GlitchPC

It wouldn't be like the faqs themselves.  On the faq page you have the categories on the left....right?

Would it be possible to have an admin feature that allows you to move a category up/down on the list so that it's displayed on the faq page in the order you'd like to have it displayed?

Robert.

Suki

Quote from: GlitchPC on October 17, 2011, 01:25:24 PM
It wouldn't be like the faqs themselves.  On the faq page you have the categories on the left....right?

Would it be possible to have an admin feature that allows you to move a category up/down on the list so that it's displayed on the faq page in the order you'd like to have it displayed?

If I can find a clean solution for that then I will add it.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

GlitchPC

Thank you...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

rdbranson

Just installed this with a work-around for the "temp" package installation issue.  I get the settings page, but when I try to add an FAQ it gives me a blank page.

rdbranson

Can you list simple steps to install your mod manually.  The "manual mod installation" write-up does not seem to apply at all.  My package manager does not work.

Suki

Move the included file "Faq.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "Faq.template.php" to "./Themes/default".
Move the included file "Subs-Faq.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included directory "languages" to "./Themes/default"  or the content of the languages folder to ./Themes/default/languages

move hooks.php and database.php to your forum root  and call them with your browser:  myforum.com/hooks.php

the manual Installation Instructions does not apply because this mod does not perform any file edit.

rdbranson

Thanks for your answer, but I do not see hooks.php.

Suki

my bad, hooks.php its just an archive I'm working on, this version only has database.php, upload that file to your forum root and call it with your browser.

rdbranson

OK, thanks.  I'll try that with what I have learned so far.

Nymeria

I just installed this mod, I thinks it's a really interesting, but I have a problem, I can create the Faqs but I can't create categories, I only have "default" created and I can't even change it. Any solution?.

Thank you :)
Hielo y Fuego [nofollow] (Game of Thrones by HBO in Spanish).

Suki

If you are the admin, under the FAQ button, as a sub-button there should be a button called "Manage the categories"  clicking there will take you directly to the category manage page, from there you can add another category.

also, the manage categories have a sub-button called add a new category.

Nymeria

Gracias, Thank you!, the problem was my theme navigation didn't show these two options. I've changed it and now it's working.
Hielo y Fuego [nofollow] (Game of Thrones by HBO in Spanish).

Suki

I guest the main menu button been the only way to access the categories is an issue, the mod must provide an admin button just like the "add a new faq" button, I'll take a look at it.

T3CHN0

Thankyou for this good mod
Only thing missing is spell check :)

Suki

The mod uses the WYGIWYS SMF editor, if you enable the spell check in your forum it will appear on the add faq page.

Most modern browsers already have an inbuilt spell check.

TheListener

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 08, 2011, 07:06:26 PM
The mod uses the WYGIWYS SMF editor, if you enable the spell check in your forum it will appear on the add faq page.

Most modern browsers already have an inbuilt spell check.

Er don't you mean WYSIWYG?

Suki

Advertisement: