News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Removing Someone from a Board

Started by tennis4you, July 08, 2011, 07:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennis4you

I have a moderator board and for some reason I cannot figure out how to remove someone from being able to view the board.  I keep looking but cannot find the setting.

Thanks!

Illori

make sure any groups that user is in can not view that board. modify the board in the admin panel and check which groups can view it.

tennis4you

I removed that person from the group that can access it but for some reason his name still shows up as those who can view the board.  Not sure what else to do.

Illori

where does it show that they can still view the board? or is it that they are ATTEMPTING but failing to view it and the who's online list does not know the difference and shows them an error but the list does not know the difference.

tennis4you

It shows their name under the forum on the main page as someone who can access that forum.  So basically on the forum homepage under that board it lists their name next to mine.

Illori

you mean they are a moderator of that board? just remove them from the board edit for being a moderator. there is no listing in smf on the board index as to who can access boards.

tennis4you

Yeah, I guess that means he is a moderator of that board.  He was an admin which I have remove from his status.  I go to the board permissions and click the red "x" to remove him but it does not seem to save it.  Not sure how to do it.  Weird.

Illori

after you click the x did you save the page?

tennis4you

I did not see a "Save" anywhere.  I must have missed it, I will look again.  :)

Advertisement: