News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Username Length lockdown

Started by Yourmum90, July 13, 2011, 11:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yourmum90

Hi,

I was looking for a way to stop users from creating usernames that are over 15 characters long as this messes up the theme. I am using a MacLike theme and i have changed the register.template.php file and set it to 15 but i can still register with 15+ usernames. I have checked the MacLike theme as this is the default for new users but it doesn't have this file.

Is there an addon or something to do this?

Joker™

Themes\Default\Registration.template.php

<input type="text" name="user" id="smf_autov_username" size="30" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" maxlength="25" value="', isset($context['username']) ? $context['username'] : '', '" class="input_text" />

Change maxlength="25" to 15
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Yourmum90

hi that's what i have done but i am using a custom theme (MacLike) i assume i need to do the same in that theme? if so that file does not exist.

Spoogs

only if that theme has it's own Registration.template.php, which most custom themes do not, so it should just the the default one.

Yourmum90

I will take a look in the morning and report Back, thx

Yourmum90

you say the file is called registration.template.php on mine it's register.template.php but it still works either way.

Joker™

Quote from: Yourmum90 on July 15, 2011, 10:12:31 AM
you say the file is called registration.template.php on mine it's register.template.php but it still works either way.
I was on my cell so missed you the file name. I'm glad that you got it sorted ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: