News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

WMC [World Mega Color]

Started by ~WannaBeDie, January 30, 2009, 04:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enders

1) How do I make that box (where the quick search bar area with the theme color changer) collapsible?

2) How do you set the spacing between the logo, navigation bar, and the box in the middle? It seems way too spaced out.

bidawinner

Elijah-_- or anyone else that knows.. I have searched all over the css file and cannot seem to locate where to change the font colors for  the little sub menu links.. " Mark Read Notify  New Topic Post new poll "

appreciate the help

bidawinner

Quote from: bidawinner on July 12, 2009, 08:42:05 PM
Elijah-_- or anyone else that knows.. I have searched all over the css file and cannot seem to locate where to change the font colors for  the little sub menu links.. " Mark Read Notify  New Topic Post new poll "

appreciate the help

Ok I found it..right where it was suppose to be.  Funny how you can look right at stuff and not see it initially

bidawinner

OK a new issue today..

Should be simple but not working..

When someone adds a link in a post  the color stays black like rest of the text..where to change the link color at in css..

I tried here.. no change

/* Normal, standard links. */
a:link
{
   color: ##0000FF; 
   text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited
{
   color: #0000FF;
}
a:hover
{   color: #dd2918;
   text-decoration: underline;
}

bidawinner

Duh...guess it helps if I pick the right style sheet..still having a problem though because while I cna change all the links color all I want is to change links color  that are in "posts"

Quote from: bidawinner on July 13, 2009, 05:43:31 PM
OK a new issue today..

Should be simple but not working..

When someone adds a link in a post  the color stays black like rest of the text..where to change the link color at in css..

I tried here.. no change

/* Normal, standard links. */
a:link
{
   color: ##0000FF; 
}
a:visited
{
   color: #0000FF;
}
a:hover
{   color: #dd2918;
   text-decoration: underline;
}

bidawinner

OK got the links in post color changed .. using

.post:link,  .post:visited,  {
   color: #FF0000;
}

Now the next problem is  :D     Some people want to over ride that color using the boards BBC code ..but it wont over ride th ecss code .. any ideas ?

Or should I just help myself again  ;D

JeremyB.

They want to change the color of there text?
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

bidawinner

Morning Jeremy..

They want to be able to change the Color of any links they add in their post.

so for example I want this link to be green (instead of the default blue)  visit http://simplemachines.org

So I change the color green using  the boards BBC code...problem is in my Forum using SMF 2.04 and WMC I am unable to get green or red or any color other than what the default is in the styless05.css

The BBC code isnt overiding the css style ..not sure why not..that's the issue

Thanks for checking

bidawinner

While I am at it..If any Post is edited then the "Last Edit by" text ends up on the same line as the members Signature and ends up moving the  signature to the far right .

I need to add a <br /> some where right above the Signature ...would that be in Board.index or index.template?

appreciate the help

bidawinner

Quote from: bidawinner on July 14, 2009, 10:37:26 AM
While I am at it..If any Post is edited then the "Last Edit by" text ends up on the same line as the members Signature and ends up moving the  signature to the far right .

I need to add a <br /> some where right above the Signature ...would that be in Board.index or index.template?

appreciate the help

OK if it was SMF V1.8 or what ever I caould make an adjustment here

/ Show the member's signature?
      if (!empty($message['member']['signature']) && empty($options['show_no_signatures']))
         echo '
                     <hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" />
                     <div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%; padding-bottom: 3px;" class="signature">', $message['member']['signature'], '</div>';

But where is the equivalent to that in 2.0 RC1 ?  There isnt a display.template file in RC1 .. There is a Sources/display.php

The closest I could fine is

"// Are we showing signatures - or disabled fields?
   $context['signature_enabled'] = substr($modSettings['signature_settings'], 0, 1) == 1;
   $context['disabled_fields'] = isset($modSettings['disabled_profile_fields']) ? array_flip(explode(',', $modSettings['disabled_profile_fields'])) : array();"

But that is just off or on

JeremyB.

oh I'm not sure you can do that but I'll have a look into it. ;)
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

boltdesignz

GREAT THEME! I Love it! I'm the process of reworking it with the flags and color scheme of the West Indies for a society of our University.

It would seem that I have found the solution to the problems I had, so instead of deleting this post I'll share the info.

One question, though i changed the images and got the flag bar, menu bar, header, footer and categories in blue the bars on the admin page are still red? How could I change that?

To change the color schemes, a software like photoshop would be useful where you could insert the .gif and jpeg files from the images folder of the them and add a hue adjustment to alter the colour to what you would like so as to still maintain the gradient if you're not that verse or just want the easy way out. You MUST edit all images, all catbg, topmenu, bar, head and toolbar. I'd also recommend changing the new_none, new_some, off, on & on2 images so the entire scheme could be changed to your liking.

And if possible to answer a previously unanswered question, how is it possible to make the menu bar closer to the flag bar?
- Just figured it out.

For the person who posed the question, to reduce the space between the bars simply search for:

Quote// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
      echo '<br /><br /><br /><br /><div id="menu"><div id="toolbar-l">

in index.template.php

and delete as much breaks (<br />) as you so desire.

Hope this helped someone out there

boltdesignz

One minor problem... Though I havent gotten a error on the site, the error log gives me the following errors:

Unable to load the 'ThemeStrings.english-utf8' language file.

and a different error says:

8: Undefined index: flag29 in Admin.template.php and i get this error for all flags on all pages.

Dallape

How do I set Serbia for default style?

Advertisement: