News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Twitter Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 17, 2011, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

what mod disoplays this last messages from twitter on boarindex that will probaly conflict with the one in this mod
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Texan78

Quote from: SA™ on August 13, 2012, 10:07:26 PM
what mod disoplays this last messages from twitter on boarindex that will probaly conflict with the one in this mod

Yes, it was my call my twitter mod that places the feed on the index. I was meaning to uninstall it to test it but got sidetracked. As soon as I uninstalled it the other started working. I am going to use the other, but at least I know this one works and how to make it work.

-Thanks

johnpaul2k2

i have some question about this mod

1. i inserted it successfully  and also inserted all the code accordingly  but when i want to sign in via twitter.i will see the following message "You've granted access to topnichez!

Next, return to topnichez and enter this PIN to complete the authorization process"  *********
when i go back, i will not see anything :-[

2. does it has "Social Hooks" like facebook because i wish to place it where my facebook logo is ?

thanks

SA™

look thrue the topic the anser is in this thread not too far back basiclly pin is for out of band mobile devices so you need to disable it in your app
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: SA™ on August 16, 2012, 12:00:28 PM
look thrue the topic the anser is in this thread not too far back basiclly pin is for out of band mobile devices so you need to disable it in your app
Sorry but the question somebody asked about the same problem im using has no Feedback concerning PIN requirement . Please tell me what to do.

Also on the issue of Social hook, i saw many codes on that. please help me

Texan78

Hello,

I am not having a problem with the Twitter integration that I have noticed. BUT I did install yesterday "RSS Feed Poster 3.0.4 Released with 2.0 Support!" It has a cron file that you can run for the mod. When you run it in the browser I get "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: current_board".

So I go to my log file and see this error. It is referring to the TwitterHooks.php. I am stumped because I am not sure how or why a cron file from another mod could even conflict with this.

Quotehttp://www.wxconnection.com/cronrss.php
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: current_board
Function: tiwtt_get_boards2
File: /home4/mesquiu0/public_html/wxconnection/Sources/Twitter/TwitterHooks.php
Line: 627

This is showing lines 615-627 which 627 is the line its referring to, but that's because it is the end of the line. So posting the start of that function.

function tiwtt_get_boards2($board=0){
global $smcFunc, $context, $board;

$req1 = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT
COUNT(*) AS total
FROM {db_prefix}boards
WHERE tweet_pubenable = {int:one} AND id_board = {string:current_board}',
    array(
            'one' => 1,
            'current_board' => $board,
        )
);

Any ideas or suggestions of what might be causing this. I am stumped and don't even know where to start looking.

-Thanks

LOVELORD

Hello,

Is there some info how to create app for twitter?

Like i said earlier...

First I create one app and that app work with my site.

After that i transfer my site to VPS and everything stop work. I think on facebook, twitter and google+ integration.

It show me twitter integration, but i cant intagrate with twitter accounts.

Also when someone try to register and try to register with twitter account script just back user to page where user must accept rulest and terms of use on index.php?action=register .

I try to uninstall and install again twitter integration but i recive stil same problem.

Also when I login to twitter and i have one account already integrate with accounts and when i try to open twitter settings page just star load and stop after menu.. Dont show anything under this menu in profile.
Where can be problem?

Texan78

Quote from: LOVELORD on August 28, 2012, 08:01:31 PM
After that i transfer my site to VPS and everything stop work. I think on facebook, twitter and google+ integration.

Sounds like file paths are different and not the same as they were on what you were testing it on. Double check your file paths and domain in the app and in the mod.

Quote from: LOVELORD on August 28, 2012, 08:01:31 PM
Also when someone try to register and try to register with twitter account script just back user to page where user must accept rulest and terms of use on index.php?action=register .

That's what it is suppose to do. It transfers you to your Twitter app and asked you to login and accept the app and then forward you to acceptance agreement. If you are already logged in it will bypass the first step and go to the acceptance agreement. After you except the agreement then it will go to another page that asks for your username and password. Enter that and hit registered and you will be registered via Twitter. Then every time a members wants to log in hit the log in with twitter and it will log them in.

LOVELORD

Domain is same... all thing is same, even the ip adress becouse i change from shared hosting to VPS. I have a lot of users who use poddcast of my show.

And then all thing stop work, but i create a new app and enter again the all same things. And now all thing stop working.

Here is configuration of my app on twitter

OAuth settings

Your application's OAuth settings. Keep the "Consumer secret" a secret. This key should never be human-readable in your application.

Access level    Read, write, and direct messages
About the application permission model
Consumer key   
Consumer secret   
Request token URL   https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token
Authorize URL   https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize
Access token URL   https://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token
Callback URL   http://www.domain.rs/index.php?action=twitter
Your access token

Use the access token string as your "oauth_token" and the access token secret as your "oauth_token_secret" to sign requests with your own Twitter account. Do not share your oauth_token_secret with anyone.

Access token   
Access token secret   
Access level   Read-only

I remove all sicret information...

That information i enter in admin panel in details about twitter integration.

Texan78

LOVELORD

Quote from: Texan78 on August 29, 2012, 04:05:08 PM
What is VPS?

Virtual Private Server, something like Hosting, just youhave dedicated ram and cpu.

Texan78

It's probably a issue with with way you're hosted then.

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Texan78 on August 29, 2012, 11:33:26 PM
It's probably a issue with with way you're hosted then.
please Master help me out with this. i asked this question but i couldn't find exactly where the answer is on the previous pages

i have some question about this mod

1. i inserted it successfully  and also inserted all the code accordingly  but when i want to sign in via twitter.i will see the following message "You've granted access to topnichez!

Next, return to topnichez and enter this PIN to complete the authorization process"  DE6******
when i go back, i will not see anything

2. does it has "Social Hooks" like facebook because i wish to place it where my facebook logo is ? i need a Social hook

thanks

Texan78

Are you trying to log into your forum with the same account your that you have linked to your forum?

If so that will not work.

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Texan78 on August 30, 2012, 01:52:19 AM
Are you trying to log into your forum with the same account your that you have linked to your forum?

If so that will not work.

thanks for that but what about the Social hook. please help me with it

JamesWC

I've just added this mod to a brand new, out-of-the-box install of SMF 2.0.2, and I get the following message on SMF when Twitter's authentication page returns me to /index.php?action=twitter;area=connect;agree

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
No Connection

I followed all the instructions to activate the mod (app keys, etc), so immediately I'm stumped as to what this message means and how I can fix it. Any ideas please?

Texan78

Quote from: JamesWC on September 09, 2012, 10:52:42 AM
I've just added this mod to a brand new, out-of-the-box install of SMF 2.0.2, and I get the following message on SMF when Twitter's authentication page returns me to /index.php?action=twitter;area=connect;agree

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
No Connection

I followed all the instructions to activate the mod (app keys, etc), so immediately I'm stumped as to what this message means and how I can fix it. Any ideas please?

Refresh the page and try again. May have to try it a couple times. I get it from time to time but mine works fine.

JamesWC

I can't ask users to do that. If that's the only solution then I'll have to uninstall the mod, which is a great shame. :(

Advertisement: