News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

upgrade problem and crc32 check

Started by arikkert, January 03, 2012, 06:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arikkert

- If this is not the appropriate place for upgrade problems, please move it to the correct thread or let me know what thread I should use -

Hi,

First, thanks to the SMF team for the forum.

I use it for many years now and I was always able to apply the patches (like 1.1.12->1.1.13, 1.1.13->1.1.14, 1.1.14->1.1.15) flawlessly.
However with 1.1.15->1.1.16 I ran into 'Er zijn geen installatie-acties gedefinieerd!', dutch language which corresponds with variable package45 'The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.';

After some debugging I found out that it has to to with a php crc32 check.
If I comment out the two lines in Sources/Subs-Package.php

if ($crc['crc32'] != smf_crc32($data))
return false;

I'am invited (by the SMF software :-) to apply the patches.

At this moment I did not look for the reason why this check was needed. I guess something like an internal check about the integrity of the patch software.
I did check that the patch source is coming from http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.tar.gz

Can anybody fix this, so we all could use the friendly fun to use Package Manager again ?

best wishes for 2012 to the SMF community.
Andre

Chas Large

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: