• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 06, 2021, 08:31:36 PM

News:

SMF 2.0.18 has been released! Please update. Read more.


Deleting files to start again

Started by kingkingston, October 05, 2011, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingkingston

Install SMF (2/3)


I want to start my site again through C-Panel and have tried to delete the files in the manager in c-panel, when i delete them i click files and once again they show up, it gets frustrating a bit when it isn't simple to an idiot like me.
Can i get some help please :)

The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain aussiesportsforum.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain aussiesportsforum.com (path="/home/aussies2/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
attachments
avatars
Packages
Smileys
Sources
Themes

Sir Osis of Liver


Do you have ftp access to your account?

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley." - Robert Burns

ARG01

If one has access to cPanel then they should also have access to FTP. Once deleted from the File Manager in cPanel, do a browser hard refresh (CTRL+F5) and then open FTP and also refresh it as well. The files should then disappear.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

kingkingston

Quote from: Krash. on October 05, 2011, 11:13:58 PM

Do you have ftp access to your account?
yeah i can get in to both areas

kingkingston

Quote from: ARG on October 05, 2011, 11:39:56 PM
If one has access to cPanel then they should also have access to FTP. Once deleted from the File Manager in cPanel, do a browser hard refresh (CTRL+F5) and then open FTP and also refresh it as well. The files should then disappear.

;)
I did both and they are still there unless i am doing it wrong :(

ARG01

Is there a way to clear the cache on your server?  As we all know, once removed the files should not be there.  If anything, log out and close your browser completely and clear the cookies. ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Sir Osis of Liver


If you're using an ftp client, what is the message log telling you?

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley." - Robert Burns

kingkingston

Quote from: ARG on October 05, 2011, 11:57:37 PM
Is there a way to clear the cache on your server?  As we all know, once removed the files should not be there.  If anything, log out and close your browser completely and clear the cookies. ;)

Tried that, didn't work, probably did it wrong somehow

Sir Osis of Liver


If there's nothing else at the domain, set up a temporary ftp user, pm the servername, username, password, and I'll have a look.

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley." - Robert Burns

kingkingston

Quote from: Krash. on October 06, 2011, 12:43:05 AM

If there's nothing else at the domain, set up a temporary ftp user, pm the servername, username, password, and I'll have a look.
sent

kingkingston

Something i never thought about before but i changed the permissions of the files and it allowed me to delete them

Sir Osis of Liver

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley." - Robert Burns

kingkingston


Advertisement: