News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Glacier

Started by rocknroller, October 17, 2011, 11:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Bigguy on August 09, 2012, 10:00:11 PM
To explain what I mean go to www.smfhelper.info and check out the portal and the forum. It all looks good, if you login the portal only shows background. I have checked all the settings I can find.

I just took a look on your forum as a guest & then as a member with the same result (using firefox).
The home page is set to the Blue Sky theme and the rest of the forum is currently set to this theme.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

LogoOff Team

Quote from: Bigguy on August 09, 2012, 09:13:01 PM
Just tried this theme and it is nice but logged in users can not see the theme in Simple Portal. Forgive me if this has come up before but is there a fix for this. ???  Plus I did not mention it is only on the portal that logged in users cannot see the theme. All you see is background.

HI,
No one before not complain on this issue, I seen lots forums use that theme with portals. I looked your forum but there is no this theme. I think that can be issue with permissions or some settings.

Bigguy

I will put the theme back up on the forum so you can see if you like.

rocknroller

ok, I am here now.

rocknroller

:o See now your issue, on first look I don't know what that can be? Hmm.. which mods you have installed? Some may be in conflict.

Bigguy

I have the latest LGF mod install along with a few others. All other themes work fine so I can't see it being a mod really. But here is a list:

1.  Forum Firewall    1.1.5
2.    SimplePortal    2.3.4
3.    PayPal Donate    1.0
4.    Top 10 Posters and Topic Starters Stats (Today, Week, Month, and Year)    2.6
5.    SMF 2.0.1 Update    1.0
6.    FAQ Mod    1.2
7.    Boilerplates for posts    3.0
8.    Google +1 Topics    1.0
9.    Aeva Media    1.4w
10.    LGF Mod    1.3
11.    Topic Solved    1.1.1
12.    SMF 2.0.2 Update    1.0
13.    Users Online Today    2.0
14.    Stop Spammer    2.3.9
15.    Login Detector    1.0
16.    Adv Logger    1.0
17.    cb|GeSHi-mod

Uninstalling the LGF mod has no effect. I googled this problem and found one other place that had this problem, not sure if or how they got it solved.

Chen Zhen

Bigguy,

Ok I think I see the issue now. If you look at the xhtml page code you will see that the script is failing to read the proper directory attempting to load SSI.php & then it crashes the page with 2 php errors (leaving the html incomplete).

2 edits for the same file.

File:

/Themes/Toppanel.template.php

Find:

function top_panel_dn()

{
    global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings, $event, $childbutton, $button, $sourcedir;

replace with:

function top_panel_dn()

{
    global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings, $event, $childbutton, $button, $sourcedir, $boarddir;

find:

<div class="panel p_left online_box">
<h2 class="title avatar_img">', $txt['lgf_who_online'],'</h2>';
                require_once('SSI.php');             
/*
Block: Who's Online with Avatar
*/

replace with:

<div class="panel p_left online_box">
<h2 class="title avatar_img">', $txt['lgf_who_online'],'</h2>';
                require_once($boarddir.'/SSI.php');             
/*
Block: Who's Online with Avatar
*/

.. or just put the global prior to require_once (making one edit) if you don't care to be neat about it.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

Bigguy,

Forgot to mention to imo uninstall/delete SP 2.3.4 and then install SP 2.3.5.
I don't think updating SP will solve this specific issue but would be prudent none the less.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Bigguy

I have done those edits and do not see a change anywhere at all.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Bigguy on August 10, 2012, 01:24:49 PM
I have done those edits and do not see a change anywhere at all.

Bigguy,

I do not see the php errors anymore yet the page still crashes when attempting to display some who's online info from that theme.
On my local test site the page appears fine.
Give me a bit to take a gander..

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

rocknroller

hm... if you click here http://community.smfhelper.info/index.php it work, strange. I don't know why yet, but something with URL-s

EDIT: I see now forum is on subdomain?

do you have something in the error log?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: rocknroller on August 10, 2012, 02:32:14 PM
hm... if you click here http://community.smfhelper.info/index.php it work, strange. I don't know why yet, but something with URL-s

EDIT: I see now forum is on subdomain?

do you have something in the error log?

I saw that & was trying to purposely duplicate the issue but with no success.

Bigguy,

Do you have standalone url enabled (& entered) in SP settings?
If so.. change to front page & omit url text.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Bigguy

Now it works...that's a bit weird it won't work in stand alone mode.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Bigguy on August 10, 2012, 03:29:32 PM

Bigguy,

Glad to hear you got it somewhat resolved/pinpointed.  Imo your url for the standalone mode is incorrectly entered.
Sinan put in some help text on that SP admin page that directs you to the PortalStandalone.php file for that settings specifics.
If you need further assistance to use that option please post a topic in SP's support thread or on the SP main site.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

rocknroller

@-Underdog-
Thanks, for support :)

@Bigguy

I am glad you are isolated that issue.

Bigguy

Quote from: -Underdog- on August 10, 2012, 03:47:16 PM

Bigguy,

Glad to hear you got it somewhat resolved/pinpointed.  Imo your url for the standalone mode is incorrectly entered.
Sinan put in some help text on that SP admin page that directs you to the PortalStandalone.php file for that settings specifics.
If you need further assistance to use that option please post a topic in SP's support thread or on the SP main site.

I have always used that option for my site and it works fine with all other themes.

rocknroller

Quote from: Bigguy on August 10, 2012, 05:19:45 PM
Quote from: -Underdog- on August 10, 2012, 03:47:16 PM

Bigguy,

I have always used that option for my site and it works fine with all other themes.

I'll check paths once again inside the Toppanel.template.php.

Bigguy

Is there supposed to be a theme.js file in this theme. ???

rocknroller

Quote from: Bigguy on August 10, 2012, 05:42:45 PM
Is there supposed to be a theme.js file in this theme. ???

I think that file suppose to be in all themes.  ???

rocknroller

did you try some our other theme? I am curious is it give the same problem.

Maybe this one? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=483730.0

Advertisement: