Looking for a mod which allows you to create custom forms

Started by xibalba, November 16, 2011, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xibalba

I'm lookin for a mod for our forum.  Here it is:
(link removed because you don't allow external links?  What the heck?)
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php
It's powered by SMF 1.1.15.

Specifically, I'm looking for a mod which can do what Pickle Girl Fanboy is talking about in this topic:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8052.0

QuoteI need a SMF mod which allows you to create custom forms (forms as in things you fill out online) which will then generate a thread in a specific forum, and will create an entry in a searchable and browse-able database.

QuoteThus a hacker will, when they feel like submitting a hack, will fill out a form (which includes the title, a description, a PPF (Playstation Patch Format) upload, a list of the files and hex addresses and data, and perhaps the actual assembly code in human readable form, and maybe an xml for fftorgasm; also they'll check some boxes to tell us more about the hack, it's version, the date of submission, known bugs, space overwritten if any, other hacks it affects or overwrites or interacts with).  The form will create an entry in a database, and a thread which will link to the database entry and provide some of the info in the database.  The thread can then be used to report bugs (and ONLY BE USED TO REPORT BUGS, NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF THE HACK) and fixes for the hack, which will then be apended to the original hack and the version will be updated by the moderator, according to what the hacker directs him to write.

I'm not sure if I'm being clear as to what's needed?

KensonPlays

This should work: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279
It's set for a old version of SMF, Version 2.0 RC5. so use the package manager to Emulate "SMF 2.0 RC5" and it should work.

Just a reminder, next time you can search the mod site first, before posting a mod request. There are tons of mods you can find that might end up doing what you need without a mod request. Just a friendly reminder.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

xibalba

Would this allow users to upload files?  Could we limit the filetypes which can be uploaded?  And we really need two or three specific forms, which can interact with each other.

1. Mod form - needs the following features
- upload a *.PPF file, a *.TXT file, an *.XML file
- add a searchable and browsable title, a description which can be searched through by looking for specific words
- date of creation, date of upload if different from date of creation, version number, known bugs, mods it overwrites/modifies/replaces/renders irrelevant

2. Mod bug report form - needs the following features
- is attached/appended to a previously released mod
- flags the mod to which it's attached/appended as having so many bug reports

3. Mod update form - needs the following features
- is attached, appended to a previously released mod
- upload a *.PPF file, a *.TXT file, and *.XML file
- can change the version number of the mod to which it's appended/attached
- user can flag any bug reports attached to the mod as being solved or unsolved

I'm sure I"m missing something.  And I'm sorry I didn't find it myself, but I'm not the admin/web master/moderator, I'm just doing some footwork for them.

TheListener

xibalba

Which version of SMF?  I assume no, since the first post says, "It's powered by SMF 1.1.15."  Or do you mean which version of the mod?

TheListener

xibalba

Another thing - I need this mod to allow someone to create stackable drop-down boxes and text entry.  Like this:

Mod Testing Record
(drop down box begin)
*PS1 system
*PS1 eboot on PSP
*PS2 system
*pSXfin emulator version (drop down box begin)
**Version 1.13
**Version 1.12
**Version 1.11(drop down box end)
*PCSX-Reloaded emulator version (drop down box begin)
**Version 1.9.92
**Version 1.8.89
**SVN (text entry begin)
***Type SVN number here(text entry end)
(drop down box end)

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

isrusr

is there something like this for SMF 2.0.2 ? it doesn't seem to want to install there

TheListener

Quote from: isrusr on March 26, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
is there something like this for SMF 2.0.2 ? it doesn't seem to want to install there

Rather than attach a post to an old toipic please start a new one otherwise it may get unanswered.

Advertisement: