News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A lot of "undefined xxx" errors after upgrade.

Started by Kaurin, December 07, 2011, 07:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaurin

Done. I will empty the error logs and report further

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Kaurin

xxxforumxxx/forum/index.php?action=pm;f=inbox;sort=date;start=80
8: Undefined index: name
Datoteka: /home/vwclub/public_html/forum/Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php
Linija: 466

x1000 (not literally)

Joker™

TBH, I'm starting to run out of options as only very few (6 ?) users are generating the concerning error. Also I'm not able to produce the error anyhow.

Lets try one more thing,
Download the large upgrade pack and reupload all of the language files once again.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Kaurin

Overwritten, will get back to you later. I have cleaned the logs

Kaurin

I will report tomorrow morning

Edit:

Could this be a source of the problem (check attach)?

Even though users are not permitted to change the language, somehow ~500 of them still use Serbian!

Edit2:

DamirK
    Today at 08:31:00 AM
0a9b798d891ed7e5e2e234270fc8ef53
Type of error: Undefined
http://www.vw-club.rs/forum/index.php?action=pm
8: Undefined index: name
File: /home/vwclub/public_html/forum/Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php
Line: 466
x1000 (not literaly)

This user generates most of these messages. He is one of the admins. There are still 586 users using Serbian. Should I ask him what language does he see the forum in?

Joker™

Just a very quick question before I start making tests again on my local install.

Is your forum running on UTF-8? As in the screen shot one languages is UTF-8 and other is ISO (I might be wrong this time as I get lost when it comes to languages, but worth a try).

Please try to put your forum on the same character encoding once.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Kaurin

Database was in latin1_swedish (which is weird, because Serbian characters are not in that collation). After converting the database to UTF8, characters remained OK

I cleared the log, set the language to Serbian.UTF8 (3 members remained in English somehow... :/ )

Waited

Still happening :/

Joker™

Go to the following address in your forum and try to make the changes

yourofrumaddress.com/index.php?action=admin;area=languages;sa=settings
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Kaurin

Whenever i wrote "i have set language X to be default" i ment those options. I always disable users from changing the language while in this testing phase

Joker™

Quote from: Kaurin on December 14, 2011, 04:19:22 PM
Whenever i wrote "i have set language X to be default" i ment those options. I always disable users from changing the language while in this testing phase
Ohh ok. I told that option as you said still some users were able to use the Siberian language pack.

Umm lets summarize this topic so far

1. Users are generating errors in following files
  • Sources\PersonalMessage.php -> Line No. -- 365, 364, 363, 362, 359, 355, 229
  • Themes\PersonalMessage.template.php -> Line No. -- 625, 620, 466
  • All errors a getting generated due to the code written for labels.

2. Forum is one UTF-8 and right now using English language pack (You have Siberian pack installed as well).

3. Forum version is 2.0.1 and no mods installed.

4. Only 6 members are making use of labels feature and none has produced any error so far.

5. Users who have generated the concerning errors are:
  • GTI 16V
  • Madison (this guy shows up a lot)
  • pokemoni (this guy shows up a lot)
  • Arsinov
  • DamirK

Can you provide me a test account? In the mean time I'm going to try to produce the errors your forum has generated so far.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Kaurin

Serbian, not Siberian xD

yes
yes
i dont know

yes

yes
yes

yes, and some other pop up occasionally. users listed are very active

I have some disobedient admins who installed and deinstalled some plugins. Currently, there are 0 plugins installed, and i have again overwritten .php files with the theme original files just to be sure.

I have overwritten the following:
Sources
Themes/default
Themes/default/js
Themes/defaultlanguages

I have also overwritten your changes in themes\default\PersonalMessage.template.php
If you need me to put back your edit, let me know

I am sending you the credentials via pm

hcfwesker

Joker is the man.  I don't want to get in the way.  but I remember having an issue like this where only a few selected members were producing errors on certain pages, that me, or other members couldn't reproduce.  What I did, was search the member's id ( the ones producing the errors) in phpMyAdmin under smf_members ... and checked their language setting.

Sure enough, they were set to a language that wasn't the forum set default.  This happened after an upgrade, as well. 

Not sure if that's a solution, but worth checking out.

Kaurin

hcfwesker, I should try doing that either way. I will summon the powers of sql shenanigans, and set the default language for all member. I just want to wait for a green light from Joker

Btw.. no errors (except wrong password, waiting admin approval etc)

Illori

you dont need to use a query to set the default language for all users admin -> languages -> settings default forum language that should reset the default for everyone i believe.

Kaurin

Illori: that is exactly the issue. Using that cannot change the language for everyone. Setting the language to "English" for everyone leaves ~500 users with Serbian, and Setting the language to Serbian for everyone leaves 3 users with English

Illori

do you also have the default language on the main language page set as english?

Kaurin

Right now: Yes

I am not sure that this was the case before though!

Could the errors have anything to do if the 1st and 3rd page of the language settings have different languages set?

Still waiting for joker's opinion before I try anything

Logs clean

Illori

if it is an issue with your language files it is possible, but we are not sure.

Advertisement: