News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] Ajax Profile Comments

Started by The Craw, December 13, 2011, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Craw

After looking over some of the existing profile comment mods on the mod site, I wasn't very impressed, so I decided to build one myself. This will be my first mod submitted to SMF.  :D

Features

• Completely Ajaxified operations (add/modfiy/delete/refresh)
  • BBC enabled posts
  • jQuery and CSS3 for a really cool user interface
  • Default avatar, if someone doesn't already have one
  • LED Icons

Matthew K.

You weren't very unimpressed? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Second time, you must do it frequently, eh?

Here are my honest thoughts.

• Like the general plan
  • Like the button styling
  • Dislike the styling for posting a comment [I think it should have labels, and be a little bit more intuitive.]
  • Comment backgrounds should utilize an is_odd/is_even for windowbg/2 so they are staggered, makes it easier on the eye.

Biology Forums

Could you make it so that it is compatible with the ultimate profile and 1.x ???

Matthew K.

I doubt he'll write it compatible with 1.x (eww) although it'd be cool to make it compatible with Ultimate Profile. /me like this idea

The Craw

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on December 14, 2011, 12:20:45 AM

Here are my honest thoughts.

• Like the general plan
  • Like the button styling
  • Dislike the styling for posting a comment [I think it should have labels, and be a little bit more intuitive.]
  • Comment backgrounds should utilize an is_odd/is_even for windowbg/2 so they are staggered, makes it easier on the eye.

Thanks for the feedback. I take those things into consideration.

Quote from: shuban on December 14, 2011, 12:22:20 AM
Could you make it so that it is compatible with the ultimate profile and 1.x ???

1.1 support is very unlikely, but I might put out a paid version for UP compatibility. Obviously not too expensive, because all things considered, it's not a big mod code-wise.

Robert.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on December 14, 2011, 12:23:17 AM
I doubt he'll write it compatible with 1.x (eww) although it'd be cool to make it compatible with Ultimate Profile. /me like this idea

Some of us have no choice. :-\ I'd love 2.x right now, but 1.x does everything I ask it to do. O:)

The Craw

Almost done, guys. Took a little extra time to add some snazzy features.

Biology Forums

Quote from: The Craw on December 23, 2011, 02:54:02 AM

Remember 1.x users ;)

Matthew K.

I've seen what he has so far, and it's pretty nice. Hopefully he'll stop procrastinating and finish it already.

The Craw

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on December 23, 2011, 06:34:23 PM
I've seen what he has so far, and it's pretty nice. Hopefully he'll stop procrastinating and finish it already.

I don't procrastinate, I just take my time. As I always say "Hurried work is worried work." And "A job not well done is not a well done job."

The Craw

Quote from: shuban on December 23, 2011, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: The Craw on December 23, 2011, 02:54:02 AM

Remember 1.x users ;)

I'm sorry, but I won't be making this mod for 1.1. Since 2.0 is out I don't add support for older versions.

Matthew K.

I'm just giving you a hard time...you were up all night working on it. You're doing great.

The Craw

Finished up the last bit of code today, so I'll look everything over one more time tomorrow morning and submit it.

funkythemunky

Looks as if it be a nice switch from profile comments...
Semms like nice work! :)

Any chance a "show conversation" feature of profile comments might be implemented? I have absolutely no idea how sth like that might be done...

The Craw

Quote from: funkythemunky on January 29, 2012, 06:26:28 PM
Looks as if it be a nice switch from profile comments...
Semms like nice work! :)

Any chance a "show conversation" feature of profile comments might be implemented? I have absolutely no idea how sth like that might be done...

I'm not sure what you mean, can you give me an example?

Matthew K.

He means...like if I were to post on your wall, and then you replied to that, they'd be nested as a conversation.

funkythemunky

Yip, as the option in the private messages or as you know it from SMSs or sth like that.

The Craw

Yeah, it's possible, but I don't really see it happening any time soon. Tryin' to keep it simple, ya know? :P

kent[ka]

What happen with this MOD.. Did you finish it yet?

Advertisement: