Urgent- Next login, still can "aware" which message "unread" in previous login

Started by victorhokwokyin, January 01, 2012, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on January 08, 2012, 11:58:26 AM
but I guess it will handle this the same way as SMF does.

As I understand it vbulletin marks all topics as read when you logout.

NanoSector

Quote from: karlbenson on January 08, 2012, 02:13:36 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on January 08, 2012, 11:58:26 AM
but I guess it will handle this the same way as SMF does.

As I understand it vbulletin marks all topics as read when you logout.
Oh, that's possible. I never watched that. I'll watch it next time when I go to a vBulletin forum.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

victorhokwokyin

"As I understand it vbulletin marks all topics as read when you logout.",
Oh!  Please help to check check!
Many thank!
Victor  ;)

victorhokwokyin

Mmm.. the newest version of vbulletin, is 4.1x version, right?
*anyway, SMF2.x feel good! thx!

victorhokwokyin

Hi!
if I open a new topic in forum, can I "INVITE/ADD" more than 1 person, to join.   And then, if any, how to do?

example:   Several persons, such as john, mary, tom, jack.
                  Can I add "add" them to invote?
                  whenever, there is/are new message, I(myself) and john, mary, tom, jack, also receipt a email notice.

*INSTEAD of they do not know I have new topic, some may not know, overlook.
  or some topic, may only related to john, mary, tom,  NOT jack, so I just add 3 out of 4person?

thx!

victorhokwokyin

Hi

I have installed the SMF2.x.
There is 2 "big" problems. ;D

- I found that I cannot ADD [several] persons to my [single] topic.
   *I want those person to "keep" continueously to be noticed, whenever there are "new"   
     messages, for this topic;
   *do SMF can [single] time, add several [user] (by user name), without using [usergroup] ??   

- when I sent reply/post a message to user A, user A could not automatic/realtime notifiy,
   unless user A "refresh" the screen
   * do I make any setting mistake(s), or what else I need to do?

thank for help!
Victor

NanoSector

Quote from: victorhokwokyin on January 09, 2012, 02:27:50 AM
Hi!
if I open a new topic in forum, can I "INVITE/ADD" more than 1 person, to join.   And then, if any, how to do?

example:   Several persons, such as john, mary, tom, jack.
                  Can I add "add" them to invote?
                  whenever, there is/are new message, I(myself) and john, mary, tom, jack, also receipt a email notice.

*INSTEAD of they do not know I have new topic, some may not know, overlook.
  or some topic, may only related to john, mary, tom,  NOT jack, so I just add 3 out of 4person?

thx!

You can send Announcements around your forum, but then that's send to all users.
You can send a personal message to them, though.

Quote from: victorhokwokyin on January 09, 2012, 08:36:39 AM
Hi

I have installed the SMF2.x.
There is 2 "big" problems. ;D

- I found that I cannot ADD [several] persons to my [single] topic.
   *I want those person to "keep" continueously to be noticed, whenever there are "new"   
     messages, for this topic;
   *do SMF can [single] time, add several [user] (by user name), without using [usergroup] ??   

thank for help!
Victor

You can tell the people to click the "Notify" button at the topic.

Quote- when I sent reply/post a message to user A, user A could not automatic/realtime notifiy,
   unless user A "refresh" the screen
   * do I make any setting mistake(s), or what else I need to do?
You're not making any mistakes, this is something SMF doesn't do by default :)
Just install this modification in the Package Manager and that feature is installed :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

victorhokwokyin

Q1."You can send a personal message to them, though"

Do u means, I can add a list of [user name(s)]? ie. add tom, mary, john by easy way
Could u help to indicate "where" it is?  I cannot find around!
*[or]  Is there some other ways to do?

Q2. "You can tell the people to click the "Notify" button at the topic."

Do u means, even we sen a personal if the people do NOT click "notify"when they first receive notification ...
When there is new message afterward, they will NOT be noticed...
*[or] Can SMF, force to add "notify" to chosen person, by the user_names?

Q3. Noted, many thank!

thank,
Victor

NanoSector

Quote from: victorhokwokyin on January 09, 2012, 08:57:46 AM
Q1."You can send a personal message to them, though"

Do u means, I can add a list of [user name(s)]? ie. add tom, mary, john by easy way
Could u help to indicate "where" it is?  I cannot find around!
*[or]  Is there some other ways to do?

Q2. "You can tell the people to click the "Notify" button at the topic."

Do u means, even we sen a personal if the people do NOT click "notify"when they first receive notification ...
When there is new message afterward, they will NOT be noticed...
*[or] Can SMF, force to add "notify" to chosen person, by the user_names?

Q3. Noted, many thank!

thank,
Victor
1&2: You cannot force SMF to add people to the notification list, as far as I know. I'm sure there's a mod around, or just a function for it, try searching around a bit :)

victorhokwokyin

thank!

1. that's means, a topic is added "first" -> sent personal message              ->    let specified user aware     -> click "notify"                 (situtation #1)
                                                             -> some user brower the message ->    if they feel interest              -> click "notify"                 (situtation #2)

otherwise, by default, there is no way, to keep users notify;

2. about sent personal message, is there other way to add several username(s), at the same time?

thx! :laugh:

NanoSector

Quote from: victorhokwokyin on January 09, 2012, 09:21:14 AM
thank!

1. that's means, a topic is added "first" -> sent personal message              ->    let specified user aware     -> click "notify"                 (situtation #1)
                                                             -> some user brower the message ->    if they feel interest              -> click "notify"                 (situtation #2)

otherwise, by default, there is no way, to keep users notify;

2. about sent personal message, is there other way to add several username(s), at the same time?

thx! :laugh:
1: Yup, that's true :)

2: There should be a Recipement field (don't know how to spell that word correctly, heh, I'm not English either), you can add as many users as you want, seperating them with either a semicolon ( ; ) or a comma ( , ).

victorhokwokyin

thank!

supposed if I become ""Charter Member" after donation,

for (1) could SMF help to add a MOD to set notify, default "ON", once his/her name, is added. But he/she, can set it off afterward;

for (2) we found that there is a "to:" and "bcc:" field could add several "username" one-by-one..., after created the topic;
           if one of user reply, not all the users under the same topic, will be notified? right?
           Can it be improved, means all the users under the same topic, will get notify?

Again! Thank! Thank!

*the points why he hope to have, since we want to built forum, as a communication platform among the departmentS.
  that's why we worry the users not aware, if there is new message.
Victor         

Illori

being a charter member, does not provide service for installing or creating mods.

victorhokwokyin

yes! thx!

or maybe said,

for (2) we found that there is a "to:" and "bcc:" field, could add several "username" one-by-one..., after created the topic;

question: but, "if one of user reply, [not all] the users under the same topic, will be notified too!", is this my setting mistakes? "

thank you!

NanoSector

Quote from: victorhokwokyin on January 10, 2012, 10:49:58 AM
yes! thx!

or maybe said,

for (2) we found that there is a "to:" and "bcc:" field, could add several "username" one-by-one..., after created the topic;

question: but, "if one of user reply, [not all] the users under the same topic, will be notified too!", is this my setting mistakes? "

thank you!
So, not all of the users that have replied are getting a notification?

Make sure you have Notifications enabled :)
Not sure where to find it right now though, you can use the search function at the Main page of the Admin panel :)

victorhokwokyin

thx! I will try!
1.as it is very important, if NOT all involved member,  aware/actively notify, there are "new" reply/post/topics etc.. at the same time!
2.is private message alsl "aware" to all users under the same topics, at the same time!
thx!
Victor

NanoSector

Quote from: victorhokwokyin on January 10, 2012, 01:03:32 PM
thx! I will try!
1.as it is very important, if NOT all involved member,  aware/actively notify, there are "new" reply/post/topics etc.. at the same time!
2.is private message alsl "aware" to all users under the same topics, at the same time!
thx!
Victor
I know of a feature that allows members to automatically have mails sent to them when they receive a new message.
Try searching your profile :)

victorhokwokyin

Hi,
I try to instaLL MOD, during the checking process, appear "Failure".

1. why Execute "success", but replace "failure"??? ...

2. Can I STILL install, or [not]? ??...

3. whatever there is "a  failure" appear, it is suggest to install or TOTALLY not install? ??
    what can do next? ??...

thank!
victor

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

victorhokwokyin

yes thx!

Hi,
I try to instaLL MOD, during the checking process, appear "Failure".

1. why Execute "success", but replace "failure" ...

2. Can I STILL install, or [not]? ??...

3. whatever there is "a  failure" appear, it is suggest to install or TOTALLY not install? ??
    what can do next? ??...

thank!
victor

Advertisement: