Tutorial: how to COMPLETELY integrate FlashChat into SMF so you have a cool CHAT

Started by marcnyc, October 09, 2004, 07:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

I am so lost right now :(

I have my Flash chat purchases, and extracted the 2 files that were not even added in the MOD package from my FChat download.

I have added and added, and added this one over and over again, but when i Install the MOD, this just keeps popping up.

12.   Execute Modification   ./chat/inc/flashChatTag.php   Test failed

I go with the Install anyways, and when i click my home page, I get this.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /home/hcf/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3446

And when I click the chat button from anywhere otherthan the Home Page, I get this.

FlashChat does not appear to be installed!

I've tried the mod support topic, but it seems dead.

Kindred

did you install flashchat in the /home/hcf/public_html/chat folder, before you tried to install this mod?

Are you using the correct version of flashchat (I believe this mod only works with 4.7.x)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

improv

Sorry for bumping this post, is there already a way found for integrating it with SMF 2.0 RC3  ?
Thanks.

Average Mom

I have been able to install this chat and integrate it, no problem. I didn't go as far as adding a tab/button because I don't want the chat to be available to all members, so if they want to access the chat, they would have to type the address.

Is there a way to enable it by permission based on membergroups, if I only wanted admin, global moderators and moderators to have access, or only supporting members?

Is there a way this could be done?

I'm running SMF RC5.0 with Outline theme by Dzinerstudio and the following mods:
1.    SMFShop    
2.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio
3.    Welcome Topic Mod    2.1
4.    Ad Managment
5.    Sitemap
6.    SimplePortal
7.    Users Online Today
8.    Contact Page
9.    Share This Topic
10.    Tidy Child Boards
11.    Referrals System
12.    LMGTFY BBcode
13.    Last Active On MemberList

JohnWayne999

Quote from: marcnyc on October 09, 2004, 07:21:56 AM
Hello folks, this is my attempt to give something back to the community.
I hope this will help everybody and make your forum/chat experience even more enjoyable!

Awesome. Thanks for typing out such a detailed cookbook.
I had a hard time setting up flashchat myself too. I'm running SMF 2.0.2 and Flashchat 6.0.8
So time has moved on since your version.

Just thought if anyone is interested, I have the tested installable Flashchat 6.0.8 placed on my server. This is the free version without source code. However if you just download the 6.0.8 straight off the author's webpage, it won't function properly (it will install but won't run). It has a bug. Specifically the bug is that you can install the whole flashchat program, but when you come to run it, it will freeze at a blue screen. It will say something like loading chatroom but never actually finishes loading.

I have injected the bug fixed into the install package. You should be able to just download it and install without problem.

http://www.gpland.org/dropbox/ForMica.Modified_Flashchat_6.0.8_bundle_Ready_to_install_Patch_already_injected.zip

OR from here:

http://efshare.com/?s=53Q9JT
Code: 53Q9JT

(Let me know if neither place is downloadable, I have a copy with me I can upload for people who need it).

I'll leave it there for a few months. Depending on how desperate I'm for disk space, may erase it later this year. Feel free to take a look at Flashchat 6.0.8 working fine on my forum (just go to http://www.gpland.org) and click on Flashchat up the top. You will see a pop up window with a functioning flashchat.

If by the time you read this post, the file has already been removed from my server, that's ok too. You can still find the original 6.0.8 from the author's website. Install that (with its bug). Then look for a post titled "CMS fixes for v6.0.8" posted by the user called Pavel on the "$5 Script Archive Community Forum". The link for his article is here:
http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?s=85ac2017cc51d7ddd161aef9d943b200&t=65648
He attached two bug fix files to his original post (dated 6/2/2010). The two files are SMF.rar and ipb.rar
Just apply his bug fix and your flashchat should work. It's a matter of unrar and put files in appropriate places (overwrite some of the bugged files).

Note, this is specifically a bug fix for freezing blue screen refusing to enter into chatroom. I heard people suffered from all sorts of other difficulties. I didn't have any issues other than blue screen freeze. So if your problem is the same, then this bug fix is your solution.

An alternative to consider is something called 123flashchat (http://www.123flashchat.com/). It looks like a Chinese copycat version of the $5 Flashchat, except the imitate version is much better (and much more expensive too. Looking at around $200 for a basic set up). The company that sells 123flashchat is happy to set up their product on your forum if you pay them. By the way I am not affiliated with 123flashchat. Just found their chat program pretty interesting.

thewebmann

Hi there sorry for bumping an old post but I believe John Wayne may be able to help me here as the flash chat forums are down .
John Wayne is there any chance you still have the patches and would be kind enough to share them I have bought the 6.0.8 flash chat and would love to be able to get it working on smf 2.0.7 and believe these patches would do the trick thanks

JohnWayne999

Quote from: thewebmann on February 08, 2014, 11:01:43 AM
Hi there sorry for bumping an old post but I believe John Wayne may be able to help me here as the flash chat forums are down .
John Wayne is there any chance you still have the patches and would be kind enough to share them I have bought the 6.0.8 flash chat and would love to be able to get it working on smf 2.0.7 and believe these patches would do the trick thanks

hi there,

the file you are looking for i still have but it's just hidden somewhere amongst my millions of other files. For the time being this is what I found:

https://mega.co.nz/#!xFwnFBIa!fS3nuhp9BXj87yOpuSaHGEgDi-MtEgUwmA9vCdOE30c

These are basically patches to get it to work. The one I shared before was better packaged so you just need to install and not worry about following any instructions. The link I provide to you this time are the patches not yet applied, so you need to just follow the steps and do it yourself. But the files are all there. It should be enough to solve your problem. Let us know how you go!

Good luck.

thewebmann

Thank you kind sir much appreciated it was actually the patches I was after as I think your pre-patched was the free version either way I am extremely greatful to you :)P

JohnWayne999

Quote from: thewebmann on February 08, 2014, 01:18:43 PM
Thank you kind sir much appreciated it was actually the patches I was after as I think your pre-patched was the free version either way I am extremely greatful to you :)P

That's great thewebmann, I'm glad you got what you needed!

Advertisement: