News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New installation not cooperating

Started by lindseyacron, September 21, 2005, 12:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindseyacron

Okay, once again, I'm back and having problems with an installation.

I'm using Joomla 1.0.0 and smf 1.1b3

I've installed the forums correctly, but now I'm trying to install the bridge.

I have this version of the bridge : MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable

I'm not sure if I need to change some of these versions for the new joomla or whatever, but this is the error that I'm getting when I upload the package via the smf package manager

Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Extract File    ./Sources/MOS_SMF.php    

I am using joomla and smf on the same database with the same user (me) that has full permissions. I'm not sure if the chmods are right or not, as I get tons of server 500 errors, then I just go to my file manager and change the settings because usually i'm getting those errors when the chmod is 777

any ideas? I'm scared to do anything because I have a natural ability to muck things up completely

i unpacked everything with my cp extractor and moved the mos_smf.php to my sources, but I don't know what I'm even supposed to edit using the mambo_mod file

lindseyacron

okay, i've completely modified the subs.php file and saved the new file, but i can't find

<search for>
cleanRequest();
$context = array();
</search for>

in my BoardIndex.php file. I've even brought the file up into my wordpad and used control + F to search for it and it's not there.... neither is the next thing that i need to search and replace....  this is missing everything that I need to change....  so what's up with that?

[Unknown]

That's definitely not in BoardIndex.php, but rather index.php.

-[Unknown]

lindseyacron

oh, so I should be finding all of that in the regular index.php file instead of boardindex.php?

hahaha, well, in the main directory on index.php I found and changed everything that was specified... I hope that all works like it's supposed to, getting ready to move on to step 2 now :D

lindseyacron

well, no such luck (of course :D)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/n4dx10ho/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 3280

this is what is displayed on the login module for the bridge and nothing besides my header is displayed on my site now

well, since I can't search for the answer, a little help would be very appreciated....

I re-uploaded a clean subs.php and again edited it as mambo_mod says to and now it's the same error except on line 3278

Orstio

QuoteOkay, once again, I'm back and having problems with an installation.

I'm using Joomla 1.0.0 and smf 1.1b3

I've installed the forums correctly, but now I'm trying to install the bridge.

I have this version of the bridge : MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable

You have the wrong bridge for your version of SMF.

MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable is for SMF 1.0.5, not SMF 1.1 beta 3.

lindseyacron

thanks orstio.... somehow I had both of the smf versions as well as both bridge versions. I deleted the stable versions and am using the betas on both. I have everything configured in the mos_smf.php, which somehow was excluded in the package install and that was causing a lot of issues in the login/logout procedures. I had to re-install everything again because somehow my database was messed up and wasn't accepting the right username, password, and access level to my mambo administration backend. someone had suggested that the bridge was the cause, as that was the only thing that had been changed. Now, hopefully, everything will run smoothly :D

Advertisement: