News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Your Voice.

Started by Matthew K., January 09, 2012, 08:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Going to keep this topic very simple and get down to the point quickly.

Are there any modifications you want to see written? If so, what?

Robert.

Well, a simple bugtracker would be really cool, but if you are looking to write a smaller mod, a decent staff page would be cool too :)

Arantor

There's already a simple bug tracker (Project Tools). There's already multiple staff page mods, what's wrong with them?

But to save you some time, there's a collection of requests here.

Matthew K.

Yeah, Project Tools works fairly well, and as it's still in development, it'd be a waste for me to write one myself.

I did actually consider writing a team page modification.  The only one on the mod site is not up-to-date, and there are several variations I would personally make if I wrote my own, although I still had a problem starting to write it because there are already solutions out there, and I'd rather not waste my time writing duplicate function when I'm sure there still decent ideas out there that aren't on SMF yet.

live627

QuoteThe only one on the mod site is not up-to-date
Two. vbgamer mmade one on '05 IIRC.

Bugo

SMF Chess
Related Topics
User CP
Notify Modification Last Post
Member Awards
Glossary (with support of Cyrillic)

Matthew K.

SMF Chess would be kind of cool.
Related Topics - Related on what basis? Titles, bodies, keywords / tags?
User Controlpanel - How would this work? What would it add / modify / remove / aim to accomplish?
Notify Modification Last Post - What would this do?
Member Awards already exists, Spuds wrote it.
Glossary is an interesting idea.

Thanks for replying :)

ApplianceJunk

QuoteRelated Topics - Related on what basis? Titles, bodies, keywords / tags?

Would be cool if admin had the option to select... titles, bodies, keywords / tags.

What about this one already?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=189

Besides the fact that when I tried it with 2.0 my forum search quit finding anything. ;)

Herman's Mixen

well i would to see that all mods/packages just have and universal language "English" standard in it, then for the other languages there could be an language addon so this way you just have to install the mod and the language addon for the language you need this is much better in my opinion then just fill all mods with tons off languages and make the mods to large in size wich is not needed.
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Matthew K.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you meaning that mods don't have included language files, but there is an internal translatour tool?

Arantor

No, that mods and packages *only* have English built in, and that translations are a separate mod that you install alongside them, to keep the main mod size down.

Though, honestly, the amount of space taken up by the average translation, you're just not going to notice it.

Matthew K.

Not only will you barely notice it (if any) as arrowtotheknee was saying, it'd cause a lot more work than it'd be worth.

TheListener

Lab

Have a look at Alan S' User CP for an idea of what the User Control Panel mod can do.

Matthew K.

Oh, I've seen it many times. So basically, a rewritten profile front. That is all summed up into either SimpleNetwork / SocialProfile.

Bugo

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 13, 2012, 05:50:34 PM