News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Your attachment has failed security checks

Started by 1stAngel, January 09, 2012, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stAngel

Anyone apart from Admin tries to add an attachment to the forum over about 9k and they get this

Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.

Attachment security is off. 

I have tried adding size maximums hoping that would help.  No.

I have tried turning the security off and on again.  No.

Nobody can upload attachments but me.

TheListener

1stAngel

TheListener

Illori

what type of file are you trying to attach?

1stAngel

1stAngel

okay, someone just came on and posted fine but others cannot.  So weird.

TheListener

1stAngel

this comes up a lot...

8: Undefined index: list_additional_groups
File: /home/****/public_html/community/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1285

I am also getting a LOT of bad new members something I never had before the upgrade and a lot of spam accounts.

Kays

If you check the "Re-encode potentially dangerous image attachments " that should get past the error.

If that image was created by Abode Photoshop. do a search for the error and you should find an other possible fix.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

1stAngel

its from a mod.  going to try and rmeove that now to see if that helps.  But all that is is to show something on the profile (extra membergroups)

1stAngel

Okay, I will try that also.  Thanks.  Hope it works.

TheListener

Quote from: 1stAngel on January 09, 2012, 09:38:50 PM
its from a mod.  going to try and rmeove that now to see if that helps.  But all that is is to show something on the profile (extra membergroups)

make sure you backup first.

1stAngel

She can upload again!  Thank you.

Now I have to try and find out why the signatures suddenly vanished when they are all allowed :|  and how to stop the spam accounts

TheListener

What was the name of the mod causing the error?

1stAngel

it wasnt causing the forum attachment error.  No idea why that is doing that.   I fixed that by ticking that setting.

The mod causing the field error was 'Groups On Profile'.

TheListener

Best thing to do now is make a post within that mods own support topic.

mashby

And for the spam registrations, at a minimum, you can add your own registration questions that are tailored to your audience.
Administration Center » Security and Moderation » Anti-Spam » Verification Questions

There are also mods that can further assist you.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

1stAngel

I have done that.  Thing is, on RC3 I did not have one single spam member.  Now I have loads. 

mashby

Your question is 2 + 2 though. I would consider making that question more unique and known to your audience.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: