News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Post approval help

Started by DebbieS, January 18, 2012, 04:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebbieS

Hello

Well I have searched high and low through the database of help but can't find what I want.

My request seems simple so I sure there is any answer but I just can't suss it.

I have a group guests who have normal guest permissions as set up on install.

I have a group 'Newbies' who are people for up to 5 posts.  It is that group I want to change so that there posts have to be approved before posting.

I don't want all 'normal' 'Members' posts to have to be approved.

Help !

Debbie

Help?

Chas Large

OK, you need to change one setting first.

Admin > Members > Permissions > Settings.

Check the box for Enable permissions for post count based groups and click SAVE.

Now go to

General Permissions and click Modify for the Newbie membergroup.

Change the Topics / posting permissions as required.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

DebbieS

If I do that first change does it remove all permissions from all groups until I set them all up separately?

It now looks like all the groups have no permission to do anything.  :o

Chas Large

Permissions are cumulative. So if your Regular Members group has all permissions this is passed on through the post based groups unless you remove them.

Go to a member's profile and view their permissions (Profile Info > View Permissions) to see the inheritance in action.

Unless you have removed all permissions from your Regular members group, which you may have tried to do when attempting to set up post moderation, they should normally not have permissions denied by changing to Permissions for Post Based groups.

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

DebbieS

Oh thanks for all your help Chas.  I will look into all that (I'm a bit slow...haha) x

Advertisement: