News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A wave of robots joining my forum

Started by TeaTephi, January 24, 2012, 11:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaTephi

I have a new wave of robots trying to join my forum.  I have anti-bot measures and some anti-bot questions, but they don't block them any more.  Any ideas?
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Arantor

If it's the site in your profile, the questions are pretty generic and surprisingly easy to answer even for a bot.

I'd suggest picking questions that are more related to what your site is about rather than very broad questions.

TeaTephi

SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Absorb

Had a look at your site and now have to put the eagle - Good measure

I had the same problem - I banned one IP and my ban list showed the spider tried to get back in 850 times in 3 days.

I stopped all my spam bot problems by asking what letters were in a picture on the top of the page
Working to decrease our dependency on Fossil Fuels with Hydrogen
http://www.reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum

Advertisement: