News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Change of BG colors

Started by RiverWoman, February 15, 2012, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverWoman

I want to do a simple background color change to the navigation bar - the news bar- the category bars - They are all a deep red.  I'm in the indes.css and I put in the new color code for the background...its not working. 

Can someone point me to a doc or instructions how to change the background for these bars (dividers?)

I surely will appreciate your help...

Tillis

Matthew K.

Hey there, it'd be very helpful if you'd let us know what version of SMF you are using as it makes a difference to how to change it :)

RiverWoman

Thank you for your patience with me ;)

Its 2.02 -

Matthew K.

Not a problem, we're here to help :)

If it's 2.0.2, the buttons are not styled by CSS, even in 1.1, they're not I suppose, but still different places to look.

Try modifying the image: ./Themes/default/images/theme/menu_gfx.png

RiverWoman

I have no idea how to edit that file - I did change color on the topnav bar, and took out the url to the top_nav.gif - and was able to simply change the background color doing that.  But I cannot find what line to change for the dividers/bars that the categories are written on.  I think I'm confusing myself.  the site is hxxp:www.hogwildpokerforum.com [nonactive] and you'll see the dark burgandy dividers across the page - I need to change those colors.  :-\

Matthew K.

You can use a free image manipulation software such as Paint.net (not to be confused with mspaint.exe) or GIMP.

Advertisement: