[PAID/FREE/] Personal Collection / Catalogue Database Mod

Started by zapiy, February 25, 2012, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Even with the last package I posted?...

* emanuele goes back checking his code... :P

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Tony Reid

Tony Reid

emanuele

Okay, I think I fixed the errors reported (I better say I hope, I was not able to replicate all of them), and added the possibility to make elements sortable.

ETA: maybe you want the package too? :P

ETA2: pushed a github repo too at https://github.com/emanuele45/Collections

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

oops...

with 0.1.0b,

in SMF Admin >>   Unable to load the 'Collections/Collections' template.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

hmmmm...
Unknown column 'el.is_sortable' in 'field list'
File: /............./Sources/Subs-Collections.php
Line: 991

I am assuming that the addition of the sort did not update the database since the table already existed from a previous installation.

looks like these got added (so, anyone who instal;ed before will have to manually add them)
smf_collections_list > options
smf_collections_elements > is_sortable
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zapiy

Great work.. Really look forward to the development of this.
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

emanuele

Okay, instead of sorting out bugs in 2.1 I decided to spend a bit of time on that one. :P (well, I need it for another thing so... O:))

Don't remember exactly the database changes from the previous version, though for sure I added a column to the table "{db_prefix}collections_elements" named "options" and type text.

New on this:
* reworked a bit the code (still have to change few things because add new options is a bit of a pain);
* added bbc parsing (of course is possible to enable it per-element);
* added a basic heading and column styling.
I think that's all.

ETA: fixed a small piece in the install (I forgot to use of <database> instead of <code>).

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Just a warning (I realised I didn't before and I apologise for that): the code is broken in many ways, do not use it in any live website without being prepared to things messed up (if you are already using it...let me know, I'll try to help you out during any "upgrade").

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Food for testing. O:)

Rewrite on-going, the previous package was broken (badly I think), this one is a bit better but there are still many issues.

Improvements so far...several:
* I started rewriting it using OOP (no differences for the end user, but better for me :P),
* database schema changed drastically to fix many issues and avoid some limitations (it may become slow with a lot of data...that's the cost to pay for generalization...),
* added a first step of extensibility for theming (for the moment there is only one alternative theme to the normal list, I'll expand so that will be possible to use multiple themes)...I did that one this evening and not tested it much, so... you know :P,
* maybe something else, but I don't remember.

Not yet ready to be used "live", but I'll soon since I need it (and that's also the reason I'm working on it and not on 2.1 :P O:)).

ETA: removed, something is wrong... ::)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

zapiy

www.consoleplanet.co.uk

zapiy

Ok Sorry for double posting and having a thread locked.. Here is my original request updated with my new request.

I am looking for a modification that allows members to catalogue there game collection. Now this i feel would have many uses from films to calculators. Whatever you collect really.

So i am looking for to pay someone or if your kind enough to do it free i will not complain lol.

So any takers?
www.consoleplanet.co.uk

Advertisement: