News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Undefined Errors

Started by frakme, March 15, 2012, 06:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frakme

When reading the following, keep in mind, I am learning to code and this is my first smf forum.  I have not adjusted anything other than the sub.php for submenu tabs.  Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

I am running SMF 2.02 with mods; SMF Gallery Lite and Simple Portal. I upgraded the site, from 1.14 to 2.02, following directions and without any problems.  However, 24 hours later when I checked the error log on the site, all new posts are generating several errors per action.

For example the following errors are repeated time and time again:
8: Undefined index:
titleFile: /html/Themes/default/Display.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 317

which corresponds to
   if (!empty($message['member']['custom_fields']))

and

8: Undefined index:
titleFile: /html/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
which corresponds to
         echo '

So questions
#1) what do these errors mean? and question
#2)How does a problem happen in the default theme if nothing in that PHP has ever been modified? and
#3) How should I fix them?

Illori

Admin -> Server Settings -> Disable evaluation of templates
Then post any new error messages without eval in them

frakme

Thank you so much for responding :)

new error is

8: Undefined index
title File: /html/Themes/silentwave_20/index.template.php

Which corresponds to
                                     <a class="', $button['active_button'] ? 'active' : '', '" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ?                          ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '><span>', $button['title'], '</span></a>';

and if people are using the default smf theme the same error is generated as

8: Undefined index: href
File: /html/Themes/default/index.template.php
Line: 421
  and
Undefined index:
titleFile: /html/Themes/default/index.template.php
Line: 422

which corresponds to

evel" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>
AND
            <span class="', isset($button['is_last']) ? 'last ' : '', 'firstlevel">', $button['title'], '</span>

Kermit

Please attach Themes/silentwave_20/index.template.php file to your next post
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Kays

I think that's actually a bit of a bug if one removes a menu item.

See if this fixes it. In Subs.php look for:

$context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;

And change it to:

if (isset($context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]))
$context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;

BTW, have you removed a menu button?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

frakme

QuoteBTW, have you removed a menu button?

Yes, I removed the calendar and gallery buttons because they are sub tabs in another menu tab.  I'll try that fix and if that doesn't work, I will attach the file as requested. Thanks again for your help :)

frakme

Oh thanks so much guys! Replacing that code worked like a charm. No more errors reported! Solved :D

Advertisement: