News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Code Error

Started by Ilkharnos, March 13, 2012, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilkharnos

Hello,

When I access to Administration Panel > Features and Options section, I see this at the top of the page:

function ModifyCustomTabSettings($return_config = false) { global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc; $config_vars = array( array('check', 'custom_tab_enable_guest_access'), array('check', 'custom_tab_enable_member_access'), array('text', 'custom_tab_label', '20'), array('text', 'custom_tab_execute_url', '60'), ); if ($return_config) return $config_vars; if (isset($_GET['save'])) { checkSession(); saveDBSettings($config_vars); writeLog(); redirectexit('action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=custom'); } $context['post_url'] = $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=modsettings;save;sa=custom'; $context['settings_title'] = $txt['custom_tab_title']; prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars); } ?>

Yesterday I removed ENotify via SMF uninstaller (not manually). At first SMF failed some tests regarding ENotify files, so I had to check ENotify entries to see what is wrong. I noticed some changes causing those failures and made the necessary modifications to those entries in order to uninstall it without any failure. Uninstall seemed successful and I'm pretty sure that I didn't change anything except the entries of ENotify.

Today, I also removed a small modification (Avatar Select).

I only see this in the Administration Panel > Features and Options section. Other areas of my forum looks good so far. If you make comments on what is wrong and what should be done, I would be grateful.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I have just upgraded to 2.02 from 2.0

Kindred

your manual changes probably caused the issue.

Int he file that you edited, make certain that the ?> is the last thing in the file...   from your error, it looks like whatever changes you made has code AFTER the ?>

Also - when you see an error on install or uninstall, the best option is NOT to change the code so that he auto installer/uninstaller works, but rather to do that portion of the install/uninstall manually.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ilkharnos

You brought the solution, thank you very much.
There was two "?>"s in the code. I remember that I added a second one in order to uninstall that modification properly. When I removed that ?>, my problem is solved. My forum is working just fine now.
I will not forget your advices. I am grateful for your help.

Advertisement: