News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

JSXC integration

Started by souperk, August 10, 2015, 06:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

souperk

Hello, I am a javascript and php newbie, but I am trying to integrate hxxp:jsxc.org [nonactive] xmpp web-chat client to my forum (poke.lagos.p4u.gr/form). This is the code I have written up to the point

function addChat()
{
global $user_settings;

echo '<script>';

//load the jsxc settings.
echo 'jsxc.init({xmpp: {url:\'/http-bind\' } , root:\'/forum/jsxc\'});';

echo 'var password = \'' . $user_settings['passwd'] . '\';';
echo 'var username = \'' . $user_settings['member_name'] . '\';';
echo 'console.log(\'password=\' + password);';
echo 'console.log(\'username=\' + username);';

//if there isn't an active connection and user is logged in
if(!empty($user_settings['passwd']))
{
echo 'if(!jsxc.xmpp.conn)';
echo '{';
//connect
echo 'jsxc.xmpp.login( username + \'@poke.lagos.p4u.gr\', password);';
echo '}';
}else {
//if there is already a connection and user is not logged in.
echo 'else if(jsxc.xmpp.conn)';
echo '{';
echo 'jsxc.xmpp.logout();'; //disconnect
echo '}';
}

echo'</script>';
}

I call the addChat() on Themes/default/index.template.php on function template_body_above() . However, that way the chat appears only on the main page. Where should I insert so it will be printed on all pages? The same goes for the following html includes for the javascript and css files, which I added on  Themes/default/index.template.php on function template_html_above().

echo '
   <!-- require:dependencies -->
   <link href="jsxc/css/jquery-ui.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
   <link href="jsxc/css/jquery.mCustomScrollbar.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
   <link href="jsxc/css/jquery.colorbox.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
   <link href="jsxc/css/jsxc.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
   <link href="jsxc/css/jsxc.webrtc.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
   <!--  endrequire -->

<!-- require:dependencies -->
   <script src="jsxc/lib/jquery.min.js"></script>
   <script src="jsxc/lib/jquery.ui.min.js"></script>
   <script src="jsxc/lib/jquery.colorbox-min.js"></script>
   <script src="jsxc/lib/jquery.slimscroll.js"></script>
   <script src="jsxc/lib/jquery.fullscreen.js"></script>
   <script src="jsxc/lib/jsxc.dep.js"></script>
   <!--  endrequire -->

<!-- jsxc library -->
   <script src="jsxc/jsxc.min.js"></script>
';

Also, I think smf has a module system, so when this is finished I will the code and if anyone is interested feel free to package and upload it.

souperk

Hello! I made some digging and found that $content['html_headers'] can be used to add custom html headers in the templates. After that I wrote the following code and called loadChat() function in index.php line 187 after loadUserSettings();

function loadChat()
{
global $context;

$context['html_headers'] = $context['html_headers']
. '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/lib/jquery.min.js"></script>'
. '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/lib/jquery.ui.min.js"></script>'
. '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/lib/jquery.colorbox-min.js"></script>'
. '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/lib/jquery.slimscroll.js"></script>'
    . '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/lib/jquery.fullscreen.js"></script>'
. '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/lib/jsxc.dep.js"></script>'
. '<script type="text/javascript" src="jsxc/jsxc.js"></script>'
. '<link href="jsxc/css/jquery-ui.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />'
. '<link href="jsxc/css/jquery.mCustomScrollbar.min.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />'
. '<link href="jsxc/css/jquery.colorbox.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />'
. '<link href="jsxc/css/jsxc.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />'
. '<link href="jsxc/css/jsxc.webrtc.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />';

loadChatScript();
}

function loadChatScript()
{
global $user_settings, $context;

$res = ''
. '<script type="text/javascript">'

//set username
. 'var username = \'' . $user_settings['member_name'] . '\';'
//set password
//TODO check if I can pass sha1 value of password to xmpp
. 'var password = \'' . $user_settings['passwd'] . '\';'

//temporary logging
. 'console.log(\'username=\' + username);'
. 'console.log(\'password=\' + password);' . "\n"
//load the jsxc settings.
. 'jsxc.init({xmpp: {url:\'/http-bind\' } , root:\'/forum/jsxc\'});';

//if there isn't an active connection and user is logged in
if(!empty($user_settings['passwd']))
{
$res = $res
//connect
. 'jsxc.xmpp.login( username + \'@poke.lagos.p4u.gr\', password);';
}else {
//if there is already a connection and user is not logged in.
$res = $res
. 'jsxc.xmpp.logout(true);'; //disconnect
}

$res = $res . '</script>';

$context['html_headers'] = $context['html_headers'] . $res;
}

You can see the actual on my github repository hxxp:github.com/souperk/jsxc2smf/. [nonactive]
Now I am getting an error on boards (only on boards, everything else works fine) and when I checked the html output I noticed that all the scripts I included where redirected to the index.php.

SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//E

1)Any hints on this? Is there another way to include the javascript and css depedencies?

2)The use of $context['html_headers'] is documented anywhere besides the code? Because I couldn't find anything on the documentation.

3) Is there the right place for questions like this?

Thank you in advance!

Kindred

actually, there is no need to mess up the standard header variable...  i believe there is a hook called additional_headers which was created specifically to insert additional things without messing with the core code.

I suggest you read the WIKI (link to the top right, manual) on how to use hooks...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: