Ignoring(HIDE) few Categories and Boards by member

Started by Srinib, April 24, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srinib

I have a forum which has some 15 categories. And under each category, there would be anything between 10 to 50 boards. So, that itself will make my forum(Home page) too long. It may also look awkward to many members. I have a simple requirement here. I am not sure whether there is already a feature in place or should I go in for a MOD.

Any member(say MEM) using my forum will be using just one category(say CATEGORY-A),
and under this CATEGORY-A, the member will be using just one board(say BOARD-B),
and under this BOARD-B, he may be using just one child board(say CHILD BOARD-C).

So, my requirement! Is there any option where all the other catergories, boards and child boards can be hidden(Hide) when that particular member MEM login to the forum?

All that he should see is, directly the CHILD BOARD-C or CATEGORY-A / BOARD-B / CHILD BOARD-C.

Simply MEM should be able to ignore the categories and boards he has no interest in.

• Collapsing is one option, but that too look awkward with so many categories and boards.

I tried the "Ignore Boards" option, but that really does not do the HIDE stuff.

BTW, I am using the latest version of SMF.

IchBin™

Definitely a mod option IMO. You are basically allowing a user to customize the whole board index of the site by hiding or showing different boards. There is a hide boards mod that could probably be used for this. But it may need an update. I haven't looked at it for a long time.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

emanuele

I think there is somewhere (maybe the mod site) a "multi-forum" that could be what you are looking for...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Srinib

Or atleast tell me this.
Does My Messages >> Read your messages take you to the list of all the messages you are involved?(weather you have stated the post or had sent a reply to someone else's post?)

Kindred

no.... the message menu and sub menu has to do with PERSONAL MESSAGES, not posts and threads.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Srinib

Quote from: Kindred on May 02, 2012, 08:09:24 AM
no.... the message menu and sub menu has to do with PERSONAL MESSAGES, not posts and threads.

How will i go to the posts and threads which i am involved with?
Show new replies to your posts will take me only if there is a reply to my posts.
But my reqirement is, as soon as i login, from the Home Page i should be able to naviagte to my concerned posts and threads.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: