[SOLVED] Table 'smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Started by NikShiP, April 11, 2012, 02:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikShiP

When I am opening my forum, this error is coming..

QuoteTable 'smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

How can i repair that?

Please help.. :(

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you have access to Phpmyadmin, it should be as simple as checking a box next to that table, and selecting "Repair selected" from the dropdown in the bottom.
This might not work everytime however, and if it fails you may need to recreate the table completely ( In case of this particular table, it is safe to do so ) but let's not go there yet.

If you don't have access to phpmyadmin, or a similar tool you might want to contact your host for help.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

NikShiP

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on April 11, 2012, 03:11:18 AM
If you have access to Phpmyadmin, it should be as simple as checking a box next to that table, and selecting "Repair selected" from the dropdown in the bottom.
This might not work everytime however, and if it fails you may need to recreate the table completely ( In case of this particular table, it is safe to do so ) but let's not go there yet.

If you don't have access to phpmyadmin, or a similar tool you might want to contact your host for help.
I dont have access tophpmyadmin, i downloaded it..

now how should i repair the error using it..??

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you have a hosting control panel of any sorts? cPanel or Plesk perhaps? Either of those should include Phpmyadmin.

Who is your host, or are you self hosted?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

NikShiP

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on April 11, 2012, 03:20:21 AM
Do you have a hosting control panel of any sorts? cPanel or Plesk perhaps? Either of those should include Phpmyadmin.

Who is your host, or are you self hosted?
I've solved it, m noob at these things..

Just explored and found phpmyadmin..

The error is solved.. :)

Thanks..

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Robert.

Advertisement: