Semiprivate sections / childboards

Started by devil9394, April 18, 2012, 04:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devil9394

I've looked through the files of the SMF 2.0.2 and I didn't find anything good enough/updated, related to this subject.
Kk, let's describe the suggestion..
My idea is to add an option to make a section's content hidden from chosen rank. However, every rank should be able to post a topic in these sections, without being able to access others topics, or even to see the section.

Some ideas of how could this be added:
1) The section would be visible on the Forum Main Page, but can't be accessed by normal players; still, there would be a button to post a topic, topic which would be posted in that section.
2) Let everybody see the section, and inside of it, the topic titles, but don't allow them to access the topics unless they have posted at least once in them; in this way, a desired group of members could see the content of the topics, and also, the one that posted the topic.
3) Add a new permission, which would say: "Can access/view semiprivate sections topics", this permission's purpose being posted all along this  suggestion.

Wondering how could this be helpful?

Well, it would be helpful in case of sections such as:
- Bug Reports (bugs which could be abused by those that see the topic, until the bug gets fixed).
- Report a user (the reports could contain bug abusing reasons, bugs that could be seen by everybody, after the report would be issued).
- Ban Appeals (the ban appeals could contain who knows what private information of the user, information posted by the staff members -- such as IPs, IP scan results, Track user results, etc).
- Technical Problems (some of the problems posted here could be seen and abused by the Guests, or even by the normal players).
- There could be some commercial sections where the accounts would need to post their private information, such as credit card information, IP information, etc.

There could come many other cases when this would be useful, depending on the purpose of the forums.

Please feel free to express your opinions about this idea, and also, please feel free to come up with other suggestions / with improvements to it.

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

devil9394

Quote from: emanuele on April 18, 2012, 05:21:58 AM
I think you are basically describing SimpleDesk.
Hmm, looks like it works nice.
Thank you for telling me about it, please feel free to move it from here, or to lock it, as it is done already.
Thank you once again.

emanuele

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: