italicize community support helpers name

Started by fishyies, April 25, 2012, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishyies

You should italicize community support helper names, and put "Community Support Helper" under their names! This could help clarify those who are a support helper. I know they are not staff but it's a clarification so those know who to ask for help! Since i believe i am a helper, but am not sure this could also help me!

kat

As this is a comment about the site, I've... er... moved this to the... er... "Site Comments" board.

;)

kat

Colin

I think it may cause a bit some confusion between who are SMF team members though. You don't want a member thinking someone with Community Helper under their name is a staff member. Also, Welcome to SMF!
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

fishyies,
Firstly, welcome to SMF. :)

The "Community Support Helper" group is meant to help the users who want to help in any part of the community. The group provides additional information for a person who is willing to help and therefore it can be used at your advantage.

Everyone who joins that group is not obliged to help. If a tag as such is given to all the users helping around, then many users may start consulting each other through the Personal Messaging system and the whole purpose of having a forum for more than 2 way discussion is useless. Hence, implementing an idea as such wouldn't be a good thing to do.

You are free to help as you like and whenever you like. Take your time and enjoy! :)

Advertisement: