News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Theme Redo

Started by GarfieldP, April 21, 2012, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarfieldP

I am redoing the theme on my site
http://garfieldp.com
but I can't seem to get the colours to look right.  Can someone help me out with some colour choices?

LFrancke

Your web site is displaying only the directory index.

GarfieldP

LFrancke

Maybe this will help you some, a link for a color picker at W3Schools ....  www dot w3schools.com/tags/ref_colormixer.asp

I would first try for a darker background for the body. In your CSS file index.css, find the entry for body at line 35 of the index.css file o

body {
    background: url("../images/theme/backdrop.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #F6DF8B;
    font: 78%/130% "Verdana","Arial","Helvetica",sans-serif;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 15px 0;
}

and change the background entry only to:  background: #D65C029;

so that the entry looks like this:

body {
    background: #D65C029;
    font: 78%/130% "Verdana","Arial","Helvetica",sans-serif;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 15px 0;
}

This will give you a darker background and will bring out the rest of the site. May want to change some of the red lettering to another color that will work better with the orange background.

Is this your theme or one downloaded?

LFrancke

In the index.css file at line 1335 for the #header entry, do the same for the background entry, use #FFCC99

and at line 1339 find the #header div.frame entry and change the background to #FFCC99.

This starts to blend and balance the site, only problem is the blue background of the logo. It looks sort of OK but the logo could be reworked.

Anyways this will get you started. Good luck with it, looks like it will be a nice site.

Advertisement: