News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

'Customize' Smileys

Started by CheeseHead05, June 05, 2013, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheeseHead05

I want to really use the Yolks Smileys set but I have an issue. I installed them perfectly but there is a white background with them when I post. I am currently using the Vertex Theme and the post area is a light blue. How do I actually "customize" these smileys to match my background?? And also, how do i make them a lil bit smaller cuz these boys are pretty large.. :) x 5!

Mick.

If they have a white background around it, well, not much you can do unless you can photoshop them all to your liking.

The option I would go for right away is to find another set without the background.

CheeseHead05

So if I were to download from another website, how would I know if the smileys come with an attached background?

Mick.

Most png's images have a transparent background. You can always search on google for "smiles for dark backgrounds".

CheeseHead05

CheeseHead05

O yea and is there a way to make the smileys smaller in size?

kat

Piece of cake, with something like the great freebie that is Irfanview. :)

dimspace

I have the full yolks set of eighty odd smileys here, transparent backgrounds and at a sensible size

not sure if i can post them though, or what licence they are under.

of course theres nothing stopping you going to my forum as a guest and just downloading them one by one from the default smileys and more smileys buttons..

CheeseHead05

Quote from: dimspace on June 09, 2013, 09:46:55 AM
I have the full yolks set of eighty odd smileys here, transparent backgrounds and at a sensible size

of course theres nothing stopping you going to my forum as a guest and just downloading them one by one from the default smileys and more smileys buttons..
\

WOW! Dimspace, they look amazing!!!! I sure will be borrowing them from you! lol...the size is definitely ideal...

kat

If you want to leech borrow any of mine, feel free.

http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com

Tyler Durden

Quote from: dimspace on June 09, 2013, 09:46:55 AM

of course theres nothing stopping you going to my hxxp:velorooms.com/index.php?action=post;topic=2471.0;last_msg=102808 [nonactive] and just downloading them one by one from the default smileys and more smileys buttons..

Now THAT is a gift from heaven. I had exactly same problem as OP. Unlike him though, I first had all white background for all my posts. So what I did first was, re-size all the smileys through a batch job I set up in Photoshop (didn't know how to do that , so had to learn that first with a tutorial). A lotta work.

After all the resizing, and re-uploading, I noticed I could hardly distinguish between the several posts, the board looked messy. So I figured out in a few hours how to change the backgrounds (alternating background colors for posts). And only then I found out my Yolk smileys had a WHITE background  :o :( 

I was already afraid I had to put all of them on a transparant background in Photoshop (first would have to learn how). Good thing i did a search on it first. Very happy with your post  :laugh: Thank you !

Advertisement: