News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unable to post new topics

Started by joanna_stinchcombe, May 07, 2012, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanna_stinchcombe

I am having problem with my new forum, When trying to post new topic it takes me to the page with a field to ask question but underneath that there is no button that allows to post it, instead some display problem (shows /t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t and other similar strings), it is hard to describe it even more as I am not allowed to add external links. But maybe someone had that problem before and will be able to help me.

Storman™

What theme are you using ?

That sometimes happens if the theme is not compatible with the version of SMF that you are using.

joanna_stinchcombe

I have checked that but The theme I am using: Gainda - Yellow Bright is compatible with the SMF 2.0.2 version that I am using

joanna_stinchcombe

Is there a way of me posting link to my forum so you could see for yourself?

Storman™

Ok, is this an upgrade from an older version of SMF or a completely new install with no mods?

Also, if you upgraded then I'm wondering if some old files still exist.

Can you attach  GenericControls.template.php which you'll find in  /Themes/Default/GenericControls.template.php as it could be parsing and displaying the php constants.

Alternatively, try uploading a new copy of that file and overwrite the existing one (assuming you have no mods). Download a new package from this site as that file in your copy could possibly be corrupted so don't use the one you have on your local PC.

joanna_stinchcombe

It is not an upgrade, I have installed it yesterday for the first time, I have changed the theme  and slightly modify it, but I have only changed images and colours so it wouldn't affect it.

joanna_stinchcombe

Please find file attached :)

joanna_stinchcombe

The address of my forum: hxxp:stinchcombe.cba.pl/forum [nonactive]

MrPhil

Quote from: joanna_stinchcombe on May 07, 2012, 11:27:41 AM
I am not sure if I understood correctly, do you want me to copy the content of the GenericControls.template.php?

No, you were asked to attach the file to your post. It's under "Attachments and other options" in the full Reply page or preview. For short sections of code, the [code] tag is OK, but for full files we like to have it as an attachment, so it's not so huge in the topic page.

If you want to go back and edit your post to remove the listing, and add the file as an attachment, that would be nice.

Advertisement: