News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How do I install a mod when the package manager asks for ftp details?

Started by bearstreet, May 20, 2012, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearstreet

I want to know how should I install a mod when the package manage requires ftp details to make the install?

One way to do it is by doing 777 chmod permissions for the required files that the mod requires to execute modifications to.
I did installed one mod by this.
( is 777 pernmission is right one or is it some other persmission)

but when I try to install this mod ( smf shop) http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=65
it asks for actions like adapt database and extract files too
How do i do that w/o giving in the required ftp details to package manager?
I am attaching the screenshot too to have a look what modifications have to be made.

Dont do drugs, coz if you get caught u will go to prison, and drugs are real expensive in prison
:P

Ask me Maths Questions

Do not heart me......

In this case the owner of mod will only help. Visit the modifications section.

Colin

Quote from: bearstreet on May 20, 2012, 04:33:50 PM
I want to know how should I install a mod when the package manage requires ftp details to make the install?

One way to do it is by doing 777 chmod permissions for the required files that the mod requires to execute modifications to.
I did installed one mod by this.
( is 777 pernmission is right one or is it some other persmission)

but when I try to install this mod ( smf shop) http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=65
it asks for actions like adapt database and extract files too
How do i do that w/o giving in the required ftp details to package manager?
I am attaching the screenshot too to have a look what modifications have to be made.
Why don't you want to give FTP to the package manager?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Do not heart me......

Colin

Why wouldn't he feel secure? He is giving the information to a script on his server which he has control over.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Mstcool

yea i got this once for all mods
it was a old forum
was a brand new one so closed it
they ask for ur ftp details
Its like a error

Colin

Quote from: Mstcool on May 21, 2012, 01:22:25 AM
yea i got this once for all mods
it was a old forum
was a brand new one so closed it
they ask for ur ftp details
Its like a error

Yes, certain hosts have issues with this feature, but for the majority of them you should be fine.

Colin

Mstcool

I think i had it with serversfree
But now i use 000webhost and its pretty sick

Colin

Yes 000webhost has issues with this part of SMF as well as the web install.

Colin

Colin

Colin

Colin

I am afraid we can't assist further. Topic marked as solved.

Colin

Mstcool

MC73

Quote from: Mstcool on May 21, 2012, 02:56:50 AM
I think i had it with serversfree
But now i use 000webhost and its pretty sick

SMFNEW IS MY LIFE
SMFNEW provides free SMF hosting. They also give you premium hosting. You can do alot of stuff. There forum provides support for free. You can get help in less then a day! SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? COME JOIN NOW
VISIT: SMFNEW NOW

So you are not using what you are promoting in your signature ?  :o so I guess SMFNEW is not your life then .
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

Mstcool

Well i dont own SMFNEW or anything
but i do like them
But i never said i dont like them

And do you have a problem if i dont or do?

Colin

He was only pointing out it is funny that you use the phrase "SMFnew is my life" in your signature when you use a different company for hosting.

Colin

Mstcool

Advertisement: