News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Where to Extract SMF Zip File?

Started by PleaseHelp, May 29, 2012, 04:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PleaseHelp

For marketing reasons (not discussing this), I am trying to keep the site unknown (for now). I can post screenprints of the default page and 404 with my domain erased. Will that do?

Colin

Let's see if that reveals anything -- yes please do.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

PleaseHelp

One browser shows a 404, while another browser shows a default website page for the same address - go figure.

PleaseHelp

I am VERY impressed by the speedy help offered in this thread. :) I have no doubt my SMF installation eventually could be resolved. But I can no longer afford more time and effort chasing this. I need this domain working with a forum sooner than eventually. So for now I'm getting a new host to handle a forum install for me. Of course no member posting here is to blame for this failed install and my incompetence. :) You SMF guys keep up the great work! I will post again if I stay with SMF and get a forum running. Bye for now.

Colin

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Colin

If you are still haven't fixed it I will be happy to manage the install for you at no cost. Sorry for the trouble.

Colin

kat

If you want me to take a look at what's going on, with this, feel free to send me a PM with FTP login details.

It'd be for the best, though, if you read this, before doing so:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

SNAP! :)

PleaseHelp

Quote from: K@ on May 31, 2012, 04:15:28 PM
If you want me to take a look at what's going on, with this, feel free to send me a PM with FTP login details.

It'd be for the best, though, if you read this, before doing so:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

SNAP! :)
As posted, I'm cutting my losses and moving forward with a new host etc., thanks anyway. Keep up the great work at SMF - the BEST I've seen.

kat

No sweat, mate!

If you decide to give SMF another try, you know where we are. ;)

Advertisement: