How to decrypt SMF password

Started by Nitesh Kunnath, May 30, 2012, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

The are people in this world FrizzleFried that cannot even send an email, let alone attach something too one.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

FrizzleFried

Quote from: ѕησω on May 31, 2012, 12:18:51 PM
The are people in this world FrizzleFried that cannot even send an email, let alone attach something too one.

I agree... those folks need to read newspapers.

:D

MrPhil

Users who forget their passwords should be told to use the "forgot password" feature to reset it. That way it gets mailed to their registered email account. I would be very suspicious of someone who claims to have forgotten the password to their email account, too, and to please change the password for them. That smells of someone doing a little "social engineering" to break into an account. They should get their email account restored through the usual channels, and then use "forgot password" on SMF to restore that one. At any rate, be sure to demand extra proof that they are who they claim they are.

Colin

Quote from: MrPhil on May 31, 2012, 05:40:41 PM
Users who forget their passwords should be told to use the "forgot password" feature to reset it. That way it gets mailed to their registered email account. I would be very suspicious of someone who claims to have forgotten the password to their email account, too, and to please change the password for them. That smells of someone doing a little "social engineering" to break into an account. They should get their email account restored through the usual channels, and then use "forgot password" on SMF to restore that one. At any rate, be sure to demand extra proof that they are who they claim they are.
+1 Very suspicious.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: