how can i create home page like simplemachines.

Started by spring123, June 02, 2012, 03:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spring123

hi
how can i create home page like simplemachines.org   by   SMF 2.0.2   on  my  site   i am all ready i install  SMF 2.0.2  on my host   hxxp:fullyface.net [nonactive] .
thank you

kat

I believe it's a custom page.

So, in a nutshell, the answer's likely to be "Learn PHP". ;)

Maybe one of the portals would help you, with this?

I removed your duplicate post, on another board, coz that kinda thing's somewhat frowned-upon, here. ;)

Madzgo

Quote from: K@ on June 02, 2012, 04:45:36 AM
So, in a nutshell, the answer's likely to be "Learn PHP". ;)

Or by using the Custom Action mod, i think :)

Arantor

Custom action mod won't allow you to create a replacement front page.

Note that the front page here is actually outside the forum entirely (seeing how it's done at simplemachines.org/ while the forum is at simplemachines.org/community/ and is done using SSI)

JaredCarter

I was also thinking of the same but was not knowing how to do but after reading the above information i can install it now.

kat

No, you can't. There's nothing to install.

* K@ smells a canned precooked meat product, first introduced in 1937. The labelled ingredients in the classic variety are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative. It's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.

MrPhil

A product favored by Vikings who sing its praises, in an English restaurant that serves little else but?

Arantor

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!

Don't worry, dear, I'll have your spam, I love it!

kat

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: