News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help! yaBB SE not stable!

Started by Tom, August 07, 2003, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

This is very strange. My yaBB SE seems to stay up for a bit, then go down, then if you come back later it will be up for a bit agian. The server is not going down, just yaBB SE. I don't know whats wrong!  :'(

Edit: Hmmm. I tried changing the chmod. It worked I think. But the chmod keeps on changing back to how it was if I close the FTP program! :(

Edit 2: That may not be the problem. Now even with chmod 777 I can't access my forum, and the server is up.  ::)

Whats going on?

Thanks

Jeff Lewis

Going down how?

Also, support for YaBB SE is still active and over at http://www.yabbse.org/community

Co-Founder of SMF

Tom

Going down as in it won't load at all.

Oh, sorry I didn't know that the old support board was up.

Spaceman-Spiff

did you get any error messages at all?
or is the whole site totaly down <-- not yse's fault

Tom

Hmmm. It's working perfectly now. I don't know what heppened, but all I care is that it's working!  ;D

Jeff Lewis

Co-Founder of SMF

Tom

It wasn't the site. I think I may have been something with the chmod.

But I don't care, it's working great now! :)

Oh, by the way. I did a dump, and was wondering how I would backup if ever needed.

Douglas

Quote from: Tom on August 07, 2003, 02:20:50 PM
It wasn't the site. I think I may have been something with the chmod.

But I don't care, it's working great now! :)

Oh, by the way. I did a dump, and was wondering how I would backup if ever needed.
There's going to be a very easy to use backup/repair/optimize/restore tool on SMF.  :)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Advertisement: