News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fatal error

Started by ElviraS, September 22, 2012, 05:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElviraS

Hi, so I'm new here and I'm using Simple Machines 2.0.2 and I'm trying to install the 'blog' add-on manually. Apparently, the installation was not successful due to a

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query().................on line 42"

This is line 42:

$result = db_query("SHOW COLUMNS FROM {$db_prefix}{$db_field['table']} LIKE '{$db_field['name']}'", __FILE__, __LINE__);

This is line 42 together with some preceding and following lines:

// Does it exist?
   $result = db_query("SHOW COLUMNS FROM {$db_prefix}{$db_field['table']} LIKE '{$db_field['name']}'", __FILE__, __LINE__); line42
   // Nope...
   if (mysql_num_rows($result) == 0)
      //... add it!
      db_query("ALTER TABLE {$db_prefix}{$db_field['table']} ADD `{$db_field['name']}` {$db_field['attribs']}", __FILE__, __LINE__);
   mysql_free_result($result);

Does anyone know how I can fix this "fatal error" or something? To be honest, I have no idea what it's talking about :-[

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really appreciate.

kat

As you're new, you may not have noticed this...

On every mod's download page, you'll see this:

If you click that, it'll take you to the mod's support topic, where you'll get the help you need. :)

Kays

Hi, from what I can see. You're trying to install a 1.x mod and that won't work since there's a lotta differences in how things are done between the two versions..

Make sure that the mod you are trying to install is compatible with your version SMF.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

kat

OO! Well spotted, that man! :)

ElviraS

Thanks for the replies. I searched a bit to see if I can find a suitable blog mod for 2.0.2 but it seems that there isn't a suitable one. I was looking forward to adding the blog mod to my forum :( .

Advertisement: