News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with admin zone

Started by Victorinyang1, July 09, 2012, 05:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victorinyang1

I think it is from my database. I wanted to install simple portal it said that i am using database 2.0.1 that i should upgrade to database 2.0.2. How can i upgrade my database?

Victorinyang1

kat

Victorinyang1

Tells me Error Installing package. Where can i get the Smf 2.0.2 cos i want to install a fresh Smf

Victorinyang1

After installing a new Smf, is it possible to restore my settings, packages and boreds fron the old one to the new one

kat

It would probably have been easier to do that, rather than installing from scratch.

From your old site's CPanel>backups, you can backup both the database and the forum (Home directory).

To move them to another domain, just go to the new site's CPanel>Backups and restore them.

After you've done that, you'll need this:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

to put the paths, etc. right.

Victorinyang1

If restore, will i still have the same problem am having with admin section

kat

I really don't know and I have no way of knowing, either, I'm afraid.

If you back up your new forum, before doing what I suggested, if it doesn't work, you can always restore what you have, now.

As long as the old forum is the same version as your new one, you can just import the database, if you want to. That'll give you your members, posts, etc. But, none of your mods, etc.

Victorinyang1

kat

Advertisement: